maaj

Is there a Providian Sticky??

I thought I have seen somewhere a Providian Sticky listed. I have searched, searched and searched and do not see it. Can anyone help me?

hmmmm...

there must not be one since no one has replied with information about it.

I am working on a very old Providian collection/CO myself. It is due to drop off in September of this year, but I would like for it to be gone before that. It show's a zero balance, but still, most likely because it was sold, even though I can't find where someone else is reporting it.

What's your question?

April

hmmmm...

there must not be one since no one has replied with information about it.

I am working on a very old Providian collection/CO myself. It is due to drop off in September of this year, but I would like for it to be gone before that. It show's a zero balance, but still, most likely because it was sold, even though I can't find where someone else is reporting it.

What's your question?

April

I've got the same thing except mine is going to drop off in July. Still, I would like to get rid of it EARLY. I called them and they could not find my account number or SSN# so I'm pretty confident that they can't verify me. I'm going to dispute it with the CRA's and send a letter to Providian asking for account statements or a letter of destruction... Crossing my fingers.

I've got the same thing except mine is going to drop off in July. Still, I would like to get rid of it EARLY. I called them and they could not find my account number or SSN# so I'm pretty confident that they can't verify me. I'm going to dispute it with the CRA's and send a letter to Providian asking for account statements or a letter of destruction... Crossing my fingers.

Did you have any luck with Providian and asking for statements or anything else?

I myself need to get Providian off mine as well! Need all the info I can on this.... They ended up putting 4 CA from providian on my CR. Would love to know how I go about starting to get them off! Do I start with the original Providian? And the 3 JDB? Is there a better DV letter than others that may be more affective so to say?

We actually just got a copy of my fiance's Equifax and Providian is off. I just DV them and disputed online with the CRA and it is off. I still have the CA's for these accounts on here, but the OC is gone. On my reports I have had 3 or 4 OC's removed from DV but I am unsure as the proper procedure to get the CA off now that the OC removed the debt since they could not verify. Any suggestions would be great!!!! Thanks

I as well am having providian problems. Mine is actually paid, showing zero balance, but still 120 days past due (?!?)on 2 reports, and paid on 1.... I have previously disputed it and EX says "completed investigation of FCRA dispute-consumer disagrees"..blah blah blah....so should I now just send a DV, and then try to have it removed from that point? obviously disputed didn't help me any....im trying to get copies of cancelled checks from the mortgage company because they are the ones who actually cut the check. I probably don't have to mention that just as most of you have found, providian find nothing under my account number or social...marvelous. thanks for any help.

you can do that with the oc (prvdian), but you also need to send cra('s

) an 'mov' letter. Send it 'cmrrr' and they have 15 days to reply.

So just to be clear, you think Im best off sending providian a DV first...and if they some back with nothing, then send the CRA's a mov? Or should I do both simultaneously.

Correct me if Im wrong, if the CRA's cant back up the account with a legal method of verification then they must delete it right?

Sorry...Im reading, reading, and more reading the boards here, but there is sooooooo many inconsistencies with my three reports I just want to get a game plan so I don't make things worse. THANKS!

Yes, you can do both simotaniously and send them cmrrr. Sorry about the delay. You can find suggested letters to use for guidelines on this same site. Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi -- I am by no means an expert at any of this stuff.. little by little I'm learning things. I just bought the cd that has all the extra letters. Maybe this letter should be sent to the CRA. Hopefully someone else will read this and offer their advice.

Good Luck.

Credit Bureau Verification Procedure Request

This letter should be sent to the credit bureaus should they come back with a “verified” response to you when you dispute a negative mark. Credit bureaus will not take the time or trouble to send you this information unless you ask, but it is your right to know it under the FCRA. Many times you can use this information as ammunition for your credit disputes.

Your Name

Address1

Address2

City, State Zip

Company

Address1

Address2

City, State Zip

Date

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is a formal request for the description of the procedures used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the disputed information, including the business name, address, and telephone number of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with this reinvestigation, in compliance with the The Fair Credit Reporting Act, Section 611, part B, subsection (iii)

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(6)

(B) Contents. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under subparagraph (A), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing before the expiration of the 5-day period referred to in subparagraph (A)

(i) a statement that the reinvestigation is completed;

(ii) a consumer report that is based upon the consumer's file as that file is revised as a result of the reinvestigation;

(iii) a notice that, if requested by the consumer, a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information shall be provided to the consumer by the agency, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with such information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available;

I am disappointed that you have failed to maintain reasonable procedures to assure complete accuracy in the information you publish, and insist you comply with the law by providing the requested information within the 15 days allowed.

As a matter of convenience to you and to expedite my request, I am resubmitting my request to correct my credit report.

Name of Creditor/Agency, Account #_________

<List your reasons for disputing this negative mark here, inaccurate account information, dates wrong, etc.>

As already stated, the listed item is inaccurate and incomplete, and is a very serious error in reporting.

Sincerely,

Signature

Your Name

Your SSN