Please help!!!

geronimo

I just found out that my son has opened7 credit card accounts in my name starting in 1999 and going until 2002.I owe these companies around 25K and the last payment paid by my son dates back to 2002.I still haven't been sued by any of these companies and all the accounts have been long closed.I live in Ca where the statue of limitation is 4 years and i ws wondering how long these bad accounts will remain on my credit report?

If i report my son, can he be in lots of trouble? i am really in dire straits here and do not know what to do.I live outside the USA and hadn't checked my credit report for the past 7 years or so.Please help.

I just found out that my son has opened7 credit card accounts in my name starting in 1999 and going until 2002.I owe these companies around 25K and the last payment paid by my son dates back to 2002.I still haven't been sued by any of these companies and all the accounts have been long closed.

I live in Ca where the statue of limitation is 4 years and i ws wondering how long these bad accounts will remain on my credit report? The accounts will continue to report for about 7.5 years from the date of last activity.

If i report my son, can he be in lots of trouble? Yes, If you report him he will be in a lot of troube.

i am really in dire straits here and do not know what to do.I live outside the USA and hadn't checked my credit report for the past 7 years or so.Please help.

I think you should request your credit report and see whats on the report. Who knows you may even have judgements on there.

[*]How do you know that it is only 25K?

[*]Did your son give you that figure? He could have gotten more credit since 2002.

[*]Are you planning to return to the US soon and will need your credit?

Is your son playing any role in your credit repair efforts.