Can CA's look at your credit report without your permission?

shan2themax

I was contacted by NCO on Feb 26, 2007 at 8:38 am about an account with Verizon Wireless. I am having a terrible problem getting the OC to communicate with me at all. I am willing to pay the entire original amount due, preferably for a delete, but noone will talk to me. The account has just transferred to NCO from Allied Interstate. I tried working with Allied but all I got from them was them calling my house telling my daughter (who was 9) that she was white trash cause he mom didnt pay her bill. All that aside, the real question is.... can NCO look at my report without my permission?

(I have the collection because I was in college and had to choose between finishing college so as not to struggle or stay at $8 an hour and struggle for eternity, I am now in the position that I can pay the entire $579 owed... but not without a little bit of respect in the meantime.)

I was contacted by NCO on Feb 26, 2007 at 8:38 am about an account with Verizon Wireless. I am having a terrible problem getting the OC to communicate with me at all. I am willing to pay the entire original amount due, preferably for a delete, but noone will talk to me. The account has just transferred to NCO from Allied Interstate. I tried working with Allied but all I got from them was them calling my house telling my daughter (who was 9) that she was white trash cause he mom didnt pay her bill. All that aside, the real question is.... can NCO look at my report without my permission?

(I have the collection because I was in college and had to choose between finishing college so as not to struggle or stay at $8 an hour and struggle for eternity, I am now in the position that I can pay the entire $579 owed... but not without a little bit of respect in the meantime.)

Yes, under the FCRA they are permitted to pull your credit report for collection purposes.

As far as them saying stuff to your 9 year old, I hope that you have that on tape. That's a violation of the FDCPA.

Unfortunately, I do not have that on tape. She answered the phone while I was at work and that was what was said to her. My mom was told not to let her answer the phone but she let her anyways.

So, just so that I can understand this, why is it that they are allowed to look at my credit report? Is it because the are acting as an agent for the OC ?

Unfortunately, I do not have that on tape. She answered the phone while I was at work and that was what was said to her. My mom was told not to let her answer the phone but she let her anyways.

So, just so that I can understand this, why is it that they are allowed to look at my credit report? Is it because the are acting as an agent for the OC ?

They may be acting as an agent for the OC, or may in fact own the account. Whatever the scenario, they do have permissable purpose to pull your CR. They can't be excessive, but once a month...sure. It should also be a soft pull.

I have never had a CA do a soft pull. All have doen hard pulls on my report.

The soft pulls list with the inquires only seen by you. If you use true credit, the solf pulls are not listed only the hard pulls.

Soft pulls

Equifax: Inquires that do not display to companies

Tranusinon: Promotional inquires and account review inquires

Experian:Requests viewed only by you

I sent emails to anyone I could find with a @verizonwireless.com email address, I got a response finally today, from one of the VP. They were going to get in touch with the finance department and find out exactly who owns the debt, OC or CA and call me back within 24 hours. I asked for whatever that we agreed upon to be in writing and they said that that was fine... so... We will see... you dont know until you try (and get it in writing... lol) Hopefully this will do the trick, and then I have just one more CO on my report.... I think that one is very disputable, it is for a video rental place and the oc doesnt have any of my info on file... So, I am going to DV that agency today!!!