Disputed CRA, now receiving letters from CA's requesting info from ME!

debtinator

Hi all!

I have disputed EVERYTHING on my cr's from all three agencies through Truecredit.com (both ca's and oc's); I am now receiving letters from mostly CA's and a couple OC's - they are telling me I have disputed on the grounds of possible "fraudulent activity" (not true, I simply stated "not mine") and they are asking me to send them detail/further info as to exactly what it is I am trying to "prove" before they will validate.

Question: Do I respond to them even though my dispute was NOT with them but to the CRA directly? And, if I don't respond how will they in turn respond to the CRA? Will they simply not validate to the CRA? Or, do I respond ONLY to OC's (ignoring the CA's) treating it like a request to validate with a DV letter?

I guess I didn't expect to be receiving letters for info from the OC's and CA's at this point. On the bright side... my credit scores for all three HAVE gone up (5-15 each), so some of it IS working!

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi all!

I have disputed EVERYTHING on my cr's from all three agencies through Truecredit.com (both ca's and oc's); I am now receiving letters from mostly CA's and a couple OC's - they are telling me I have disputed on the grounds of possible "fraudulent activity" (not true, I simply stated "not mine") and they are asking me to send them detail/further info as to exactly what it is I am trying to "prove" before they will validate.

Question: Do I respond to them even though my dispute was NOT with them but to the CRA directly? And, if I don't respond how will they in turn respond to the CRA? Will they simply not validate to the CRA? Or, do I respond ONLY to OC's (ignoring the CA's) treating it like a request to validate with a DV letter?

I guess I didn't expect to be receiving letters for info from the OC's and CA's at this point. On the bright side... my credit scores for all three HAVE gone up (5-15 each), so some of it IS working!

Make sure that you respond to all of the CAs with a DV letter within 30 days.

If you haven't already you should be able to find sample letters on this website. Don't forget to send them Certified Mail w/ return reciept so that you have proof that these letters were sent. After you recieve the green cards back be sure to dispute all of the TLs again. If the CAs are still reporting as verified without verifiying to you they are in violation.

Hi all!

I am not sure why you disputed "everything" on your credit reports if you know you owe some of the debt. :confused: Do not send any information to the collection agency. If they sent you a letter, send them a DV letter within the 30 day period otherwise they can continue collection proceedings. Apparently the credit bureaus were trying to validate this information and ran into a "snag". Many times when you dispute information, you awaken the "sleeping dogs" especially if some of it was due to fall off your credit report! :roll: You have to be careful about what you dispute and when. I agree with Antjwill80 in regards to your responding to the collection agencies. Don't delay on this! There are sample letters on the forum. :)++

This is a common tactic by many OC's and CA's...they respond to any "not mine" as a claim of identity theft. In effect, they're trying to say that it couldn't possibly have been their mistake...somebody opened an account in your name. They also want you to claim identity theft so that if it turns out later that this is your account, they can show the court how untrustworthy your word is.

The truth is that these people keep such sloppy records that its entirely possible they are reporting incorrectly. You need to use your own judgment for OC's, but IMHO, with any CA you ALWAYS want to them to prove they have the right person.

So...I'd suggest that you do send them a DV letter...stating "I found you on my CRs...I don't think I ever had an account with you people...prove to me that this is my account". And...NO...do not send them any proof or even an "identity theft" report.