MBNA now BoA, account # change

Tried

I paid off an MBNA CC with a JDB and since BoA has merged and is now reporting the TL.

Problem:

BoA has changed the account # on the TL and all the documentation for paying off the debt references the MBNA #. The OC TL is still reporting the correct DOFD 8/00 and DOLA 1/01.

Question:

What would be my best action to get a letter from BoA tying the MBNA and BoA account #'s together and stating those all too important dates to keep the JDB from reporting beyond the 7 to 7.5 years, and if they do having the paper trail to sue if necessary?

Has any one else tried to do this?

What would be my best action to get a letter from BoA tying the MBNA and BoA account #'s together and stating those all too important dates to keep the JDB from reporting beyond the 7 to 7.5 years, and if they do having the paper trail to sue if necessary?

Has any one else tried to do this?

I THINK I understand your question. The debt was sold to a JDB (are you sure?) whom you paid. The debt should fall off of your report this year and you want to ensure that the JDB's TL drop @ the same time? Or the JDB isn't even reporting but you want to make sure that it doesn't report @ all after the 7yrs has expired? Trust me...BOA keeps ALMOST impeccable records. They can prove what debt was sold to what JDB, when, and how much. You can either request the records from BOA in writing or by phone. IMO, the JDB has your $$ and is loving it. I think they can care less...save themselves some $$ and not report your account. Usually, JDBs illegally reage an account when the consumer still owes and they do it as a means of forcing collection.

The account was originally First Union, then MBNA. MBNA sold it to First Select, then it went to Providian, lastly Credigy. I have an original signed letter from Credigy stating they "now own the debt", and showing the transformation from MBNA to First Select (Providian wasn't listed :confused: ) to Credigy with the account numbers listed from when I DV it. The BoA TL has had a $0 balance since it was MBNA and still shows last reported 05/02.

The TL from BoA is due to come off between 08/07 per DOFD (never brought current) and 01/08 per DOLA.

I just want something to show that the BoA account is the old MBNA account because BoA changed the account number on the TL, and it would be really nice to have a statement from BoA of the DOFD and DOLA.

• 1 year later...

My bh has the almost same situation except the debt is still open. It went from MBNA to 1st select to providian to credigy, and is now with a new one, portfolio. The old MBNA account is now showing as B of A and we are trying to figure out the best way to handle this whole pile of ****.