Documentation presented in defense

Can anyone who knows the answer enlighten me. I have a collection account on my credit report that should not be there. The CA is CBCS and the Creditor is BellSouth. I have DV'd the CA and disputed with the CRA's and of course it was verified. Needless to say the CA has not responded to my DV at all. After I received word from the CRA's that the collection was verified, I called the OC and they provided me a letter that shows that the account is paid in full. I then DV'd the CA again and disputed the CRA's again. I sent a copy of the OC letter to the CA and the CRA's to reinvestigate and I am waiting. I received a letter from (TU) today (EQ and EX has not answered yet) and it says they can't accept my documentation (OC paid in full letter). Why?

The best thing you can do is contact BS again and let them know you are being reported and to please ask them to notify the CA. The CA should check with BS and find this for themselves, but it isn't always that easy.

As far as why the CRA won't accept your documentation, I think that is pretty much standard procedure. I guess maybe because people could create their own paid in full letters and submit them even when they have not paid a penny.

Good luck.

As far as why the CRA won't accept your documentation, I think that is pretty much standard procedure. I guess maybe because people could create their own paid in full letters and submit them even when they have not paid a penny.

Good luck.

I've know a few brazen folks to DO that. Idiots! Ask the creditor to send fax/mail letter to the CRAs and to update your file again.

I have a similar run in with CBCS because of a comcast bill that was taken care of. I disputed and had the same result, VERIFIED. Remember, I do not owe this account. I called comcast and let them know the situation and was lucky enough to get a customer service rep at comcast that was willing to help. She called CBCS with me on the line and told the person at CBCS that this should not be on my report and that it has been taken care of BEFORE it went to collections. The CBCS rep said that this would have to come from a supervisor at comcast and the comcast rep said no problem and that she would have her call CBCS to clear it up. 10 days later it is still on my report. I am going to give it the standard 2 weeks and if it not gone I am going to call them again.

what a headache....:twisted:

Thanks alot for everyones input. I will take the advice and call BellSouth and request that they call the CA to resolve the matter. Thanks again and I hope I have a deleted to report in the future.

This should work for you! Also, in the future when the CRA verify, you can send them a letter requesting their MOV, method of verification. If you original creditor is showing this account as paid, how is it that they verify it as not!!! ::BigGun::