Removed ALL EQ Inquiries in less than 24 hours

Ok, maybe i'm missing something here. I've followed the instructions, and there is no option for me to dispute anything without a confirmation number. It keeps telling me I need to have a current copy of my credit report to dispute anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Should be link that says "Click here if you don't have a confirmation number" at the top of the page.

Nope. I'm not seeing anything like that at all. Hmmm.

Click this:

http://www.equifax.com/online-credit-dispute/

put in your zip and submit. On the next page just click Next. Now on THAT page it is the last sentence of the top paragraph:

If you do not have a confirmation number, click here to start your investigation.

Good luck!

Edit: Actually that "Click Here" link goes straight to it! Just leave confirmation number blank.

those of you stuck with CSC might try that direct as well.

I have removed inquiries successfully on many occasions. Earlier this month I followed the exact procedure that I have always done.(which I am listing below for you) Today I get a letter from EQ. stating none of what I disputed is on my report.

So either (A.)EQ is hip to what is going on or (B.) The checker I got didn't know they were inquiries I was disputing.

Has this happened to any of you yet???

I am debating whether to go ahead and try it again to see if the inquiries get removed by another checker.

For Equifax it's pretty easy. Use this link:

https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/co...online_dispute

Put in your zip code and submit. Then click the link that says "If you do not have a confirmation number, CLICK HERE to start your investigation. (Do this even though you probably DO have a confirmation number otherwise this won't work)

Then fill in the RED lines, again without putting in the confirmation number.

Then manually type in the inquiries you want removed in a format similar to this:

Top Line:

Collection agency, courthouse, or credit company name:

Inquiry - GEMB/JCP - 02/2007

Bottom line:

Case # or Account #: GEMB/JCP - Inq

Check the "NOT MINE" box for each.

You should have a printed copy or your report open in another window so you can copy the information. You can do up to six at a time and most of us have seen them removed within a couple days.

It has happened to some of us but others say it is still working for them. I got my 2nd letter back saying that they don't recognize the Inquiries. So I'm trying the method Jason suggested and I'm gonna dispute them with CSC too in the same format. I've had inquiries come off that way too.

**Update**

Well I got my 3rd CR back from EQ stating that there is no account reporting. It looks like a done deal now that people disputing accounts and NOT in the EQ area cannot get their inqs bumped anymore. I disputed my inqs with CSC last night in the same fashion so we'll see what happens with that but it appears that the EQ back door for eliminating inqs no longer works for NON EQ people.

Click this:

http://www.equifax.com/online-credit-dispute/

put in your zip and submit. On the next page just click Next. Now on THAT page it is the last sentence of the top paragraph:

If you do not have a confirmation number, click here to start your investigation.

Good luck!

Edit: Actually that "Click Here" link goes straight to it! Just leave confirmation number blank.

those of you stuck with CSC might try that direct as well.

Outstanding. Thank you so much. That direct link worked perfectly. :mrgreen:

It has happened to some of us but others say it is still working for them. I got my 2nd letter back saying that they don't recognize the Inquiries. So I'm trying the method Jason suggested and I'm gonna dispute them with CSC too in the same format. I've had inquiries come off that way too.

**Update**

Well I got my 3rd CR back from EQ stating that there is no account reporting. It looks like a done deal now that people disputing accounts and NOT in the EQ area cannot get their inqs bumped anymore. I disputed my inqs with CSC last night in the same fashion so we'll see what happens with that but it appears that the EQ back door for eliminating inqs no longer works for NON EQ people.

I'm not a CSC'r and getting the same results. No answer back yet on my last try, but if it comes back that way, I at least have the option of mailing it back to them with the INQ's highlighted so they can directly observe their stupidity or simply be honest with an answer to not remove. Sucks cuz I'm back up to 5 inq's.

I'm not a CSC'r and getting the same results. No answer back yet on my last try, but if it comes back that way, I at least have the option of mailing it back to them with the INQ's highlighted so they can directly observe their stupidity or simply be honest with an answer to not remove. Sucks cuz I'm back up to 5 inq's.

Same here. Friday I faxed the letter they sent and pointed out the inqs they said weren't on the report were on the one they said they were not on. As of this morning the inqs were still on the report. This was my bf's report so I didn't send a copy of his dl's. I got my letter on Sat, so I'll fax a copy now with the dl's and see if that helps.. :?

okay..i followed the deleting process and received a letter today, dated march 24, from equifax showing all 14 inquiries i disputed are removed...here is the question, when i go online to equifax online, the inquiries are still there (i just pulled up a new report dated march 31). i also checked myfico.com (report dated march 30) and they are there too. i am confused. any feedback???

It is not working. If you read the letter again, it says that those accounts are not showing on your report. It doesn't say that they were deleted or removed so they ARE going to still show up on your reports.

Houdino: The format is mm/dd/yyyy and then the name of the account. As of late it has not been working for a lot of people.

no...the equifax report specifically says the following inquiry has been deleted. all of the items disputed state the same comment and say deleted. I am just wondering why the letter says deleted but online still shows the inquiry. I just went back and looked at the paper report again and I am certain of the wording. any advice?

The updated EQ report that comes with the answer will either have the inq's or not... if they're not there near the last page, then they are gone and your update service just isn't updating. If they ARE there, then a mistake has been made and you're going to have to either do it again or mail them back with the mistake.

As far as I know, none have ever been reinserted after the fact.

Thanks isislc.

Par, how'd ya know? The devil, EX, FA'd me then TU bumped it to 7 yrs! Over a couple of measly little tiny teeney weeney miniscul INQUIRIES!!!

I don't really give a poop. After all, what effect does a FA really have anyway? But, since I didn't request it, I can make them take it off when I want, right? (he asks sheepishly...)

The Chase INQ doesnt even show as Chase it's First Bank USA.

I haven't called or faxed CSC.

I called Chase to find out why after two years they had not increased my credit limit from $1000 and I had not ever been late. I was told by the rep that I had to speak to the lending department but in order to do that they had to put in a request for credit limit increase. I asked, why can't I just talk to them without the request. The rep told me thats just how it worked. If I wanted to talk to the lending department they had to put in the credit limit increase request. I asked the rep several times to avoid the increase, I just wanted to know why I hadn't gotten one. Finally I agree to the increase. Guess what I'm approved.

I get transferred to the lending department and basically I get the "chase is a conservative bank and the chase card carry's alot of weight in the credit world" Blah blah Blah. I ask the rep was my credit report obtained to make today's decision. He said yes. I asked why wasn't I informed a CR report would be obtained? He didn't have an answer. I explained to him, that had I known Chase was going to pull a credit report, I would have declined the increase. I'm sure others hear would have been EXCITED to get an credit limit increase, but I wasn't. I talked to four different Chase reps...total call time one hour and one minute.

I end up shredding my chase card and writing the CEO a four page letter telling him how I thought customer service was bad. Basically I felt I had been a good customer for two years and I call to question why my credit limit hasn't been increased and ultimately I end up being "punished" by Chase by them doing an inquiry. I included my card pieces with it. I also CC two board members on the letter.

I got a call from the Office of the President last week a lady named Martina Nino (not sure of the spelling) and she said she just started by would respond to my letter in writing in 7 days.

888-622-7547 EXT 6735 was the number she gave me if I had an questions.

So I'm still waiting for my letter to arrive.

Got two letters from Chase saying the inquiry would be still show to me and EQ/CSC, but no one else.

Has anyone got an unrequested Fraud Alert out of this?

Just as an FYI to everyone...The past few times I've attempted to use this method I've had a 7-year slapped on all three of my reports. EQ and TU have allowed me to remove the FA's by phone, however EX won't remove the FA until they receive the request in writing. This has happened to me twice, with me needing to call in and request FA removals on two separate occasions...And it's only happening when I attempt to remove IQ's from my EQ report.

So although the method does work and has been successful, it has also been successful at slapping me with an unrequested 7-year FA. Now, unfortunately, I'm afraid to try this method again because calling in and requesting a 3rd FA to be removed looks a bit fishy to any CSR on the phone. *sigh*

Got my letter back yesterday... no dice... this time it just says the following accounts/collections/inquiries do not appear on your report: Inquiry 03/25/2008, " ", " ", " ".

No real account names appeared with the new format. :evil:

So, it's highlighter time with a touch of sarcasm and a stamp.