tme1

Removed ALL EQ Inquiries in less than 24 hours

Good Afternoon,

I have been trying to do an online dispute with EQ, but it no longer will let you do it a confirmation number. I have been all around the website. Am I doing some seriously wrong? I have done this many times in the past without the confirmation number. Thank you!

I have been trying to do an online dispute with EQ, but it no longer will let you do it a confirmation number. I have been all around the website. Am I doing some seriously wrong? I have done this many times in the past without the confirmation number. Thank you!

http://www.equifax.com/answers/correct-credit-report-errors/en_cp

Q: What is a Report Confirmation Number and how do I use it?

A: Your Report Confirmation Number can be found at the top of your Equifax credit report. It is used to help you initiate a phone dispute of your credit file information. We request it for an online dispute, but it is not required. This number allows Equifax to more easily access your credit file. Please keep this number for your records.

https://www.ai.equifax.com/CreditInvestigation/jsp/ECC_Dispute_Login.jsp

Have you tried it without the Confirmation Number? I did, and it took me here.

https://aa.econsumer.equifax.com/aad/landing.ehtml

Thank you. Yes I did try that, but unfortunately, I cannot get a copy of my credit report online thanks to a fraud alert that I cannot get them to remove for anything. I do not know how many letters I have sent.

Well, I went to go try and online dispute off an EQ INQ, and it appears they've tweaked their website such that you cannot dispute online without a Confirmation #.

One workaround is to dispute something like an old address via Snail Mail, and they should mail you out a dispute finding with a Confirmation # on it.

I decided to try 4 inquiries yesterday as I had no idea what they are for. Checked them today & although the Equifax site states my dispute is pending 3 of the 4 inquiries are gone. The only one still left is GEMB. I have a few more I want to dispute as I applied for an auto loan back in December & only 3 places were authorized/told to me they were pulling yet there are about 10 places on my report & I didn't authorize them to check all these places.

I disputed 11 inquiries as well as some other old info (addresses, employment, etc.) so we will see how it goes. Thanks for the info and help!

You might want to check yours again because mine are all gone from the 4th that I disputed so I just did 6 more. The car place did not have my permission for all of these & several they sent to I could have told them wouldn't have approved me. (Capital One for instance because I've defaulted on 2 fairly good sized credit cards to them in the past for instance)

I have a question though. I've done 2 rounds of disputes. The 1st set they were all removed within 2 days. The 2nd set is my fault because I disputed something else besides an inquiry so they are still "investigating"

However, I pulled my FICO last week from myfico to get my score & it includes my EQ report. All the inquiries that are not on my EQ report are showing on that report so I would have to assume are affecting my score.

So did I remove the inquiries successfully or not?

Whats the date on the report from myfico? Theystore reports for view for a month. Is it dated after or before your disputes?

If you have a EQ report number- you should be able to view a 'fresh' report by going through the online dispute section.

Also remember there are two types of inquiries- those that everyone sees and effects your score- and those that only you can see- they do not effect your score- do not dispute those.

Just an FYI...This was posted earlier by someone else so I tried it and it worked great, score jumped by 9 points.

You can remove your EQ inquires right at their website, 6 at a time, it is very easy and it does work! Removed them all lastnight about 10:00pm and by noon the next day they were all gone.

Go here https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/consumer/sitepage.ehtml?forward=online_dispute and enter in your zip code. At the top of the next page right under the Red Colored Welcome Message, you can select "click here" if you dont have a confirmation number.

You can only do 6 at a time but you can go back and do all of them. I removed 16 inquires.

This sounds almost too good to be true... are there any mods/admin out there that can verify this?

1. Is it ONLY good for EQ, or do others offer it as well?

2. Is it a sure-thing, or a "dispute" that can be turned down?

3. Are there any ffes or small print?

4. As Cap1 mentioned, should we ONLY delete INQ that affect our CR/FICO?

THANKS! :)

The myfico report was a new one from EQ that I had just purchased & it was purchased a week after I disputed/removed the inquiries on the EQ website. I can log into EQ & they are showing removed so I have to wonder if they aren't showing removed at myfico then my score may not be accurate.

Everything I have disputed that was an inquiry has been removed. But I got a little impatient & disputed some other stuff so I think that is why my last 2 are still pending. They wont' close them until they have reviewed everything. I have not found a way to dispute inquiries on EX. In fact you can dispute everything online but the inquiries. It just gives you a notice explaining how they stay on your report for 2 years etc (guess it doesn't matter if you authorized them or not)

I have heard, that if you dispute inqs on EQ, you should do inqs together and not mix them with other tradeline disputes. I have also heard that you subject yourself to an unwanted fraud alert if you dispute items that are associated with active tradelines. ( I have heard others being sucessful in wiping out all inquiries on EQ, tradeline or not)

There is also a theory that if you do daily pulls on your own report that TU inquiries will eventually drop off- such as the old True Credit when it allowed daily pulls. I have not heard of a sucessful way of getting rid of EXP inquiries-

I do not reccommend disputing anything that is not inaccurate or legitimate.

I have heard, that if you dispute inqs on EQ, you should do inqs together and not mix them with other tradeline disputes.

Yes, that is usually recommended. However, results may vary.

I have also heard that you subject yourself to an unwanted fraud alert if you dispute items that are associated with active tradelines.

May have happened. Has not happened to me.

There is also a theory that if you do daily pulls on your own report that TU inquiries will eventually drop off- such as the old True Credit when it allowed daily pulls.

Any soft pull is a soft pull. Whether *B* works or not is a matter of dispute. It's certainly tougher than it used to be.

I have not heard of a sucessful way of getting rid of EXP inquiries

SAW had some success with FAs and nutcase letters. Others have had varied success with EX and FAs and written disputes. I got rid of a few EX INQs a few years ago.

Yeah I realize now I shouldn't have mixed dispute types but I did get the result of my 2nd online dispute. 3 inquires removed & a duplicate TL removed. (only had it removed because it was reporting some 120 day lates) It was bad enough having 1 TL show that but having 2 was worse.

I tried it...but I learned something interesting.

First I did a dispute on multiple items, from inquiries to addresses to a collection. It's still "pending" with no activity.

Then I went back and opened a new dispute for JUST the inquiries. Within 24 hours (could have been sooner) five out of five inq. were deleted.

Then I went back and opened another new dispute for JUST the old addresses and employment info.

Within the hour everything I disputed was deleted!

I have been doing a lot of reading on this because it sounded good on the surface (and it might be) but I heard that this is a very infamous way of unknowingly attracting a fraud alert on your account, which can freeze up your reporting and even cause a lot of headaches in paperwork and ironing out the mess, plus it could stay on your report for years. Does anyone have any experienced advice or thoughts on this concern?

Also, what about the people who are abusing this system in order to get correct information and authorized inqueries made on their account deleted?

Also, what about the people who are abusing this system in order to get correct information and authorized inqueries made on their account deleted?

I'm not sure about people abusing the system but the ones I disputed were to companies I truly had never heard of. (although one I found out later was the bank that I guess handled the credit end of a particular credit line I applied for so I made a boo-boo on that one)

The others were when I bought a car in December. I only authorized 3 different places to be checked for a loan. Before they ran my app they knew I had major credit issues. I did not authorize them to check 10-12 places. And in fact had they told me who they planned to check I would have told them not to bother with most of them (Capital One for instance as I defaulted on 2 CC for around $2k with them) because I would never be approved. In fact they specifically told me that they were only running my app through one place because they didnt' want to run up a bunch of inquiries. So I'm willing to accept the 1 inquiry from the place that they claimed to run it through that actually financed me. I'm willing to accept the inquiry from the dealer themselves as they do some financing & ran my app (twice in one week but I left that alone) I'm willing to accept the inquiry from my previous CU because either I or the dealer did check with them to see if they would finance me since I had just paid off my previous car loan 10 months before & had never been late or missed a payment in 5 years. However, I don't think I should have to agree to leave the others on there I didn't agree to. However, it proabably doesn't really matter as only EQ will let me take them off. EX says they are allowed to stay for 2 years. (even though I never authorized them) And I haven't tried with TU yet.

I'm not sure about people abusing the system but the ones I disputed were to companies I truly had never heard of. (although one I found out later was the bank that I guess handled the credit end of a particular credit line I applied for so I made a boo-boo on that one)

The others were when I bought a car in December. I only authorized 3 different places to be checked for a loan. Before they ran my app they knew I had major credit issues. I did not authorize them to check 10-12 places. And in fact had they told me who they planned to check I would have told them not to bother with most of them (Capital One for instance as I defaulted on 2 CC for around $2k with them) because I would never be approved. In fact they specifically told me that they were only running my app through one place because they didnt' want to run up a bunch of inquiries. So I'm willing to accept the 1 inquiry from the place that they claimed to run it through that actually financed me. I'm willing to accept the inquiry from the dealer themselves as they do some financing & ran my app (twice in one week but I left that alone) I'm willing to accept the inquiry from my previous CU because either I or the dealer did check with them to see if they would finance me since I had just paid off my previous car loan 10 months before & had never been late or missed a payment in 5 years. However, I don't think I should have to agree to leave the others on there I didn't agree to. However, it proabably doesn't really matter as only EQ will let me take them off. EX says they are allowed to stay for 2 years. (even though I never authorized them) And I haven't tried with TU yet.

So the EQ website let you do it, but none of the others? You didn't get a fraud alert on your account I'm assuming, which is great. But this technique will only help you by boosting your score a few points and making you look less credit-hungry and more appealing to new creditors/lenders who check EQ only, right? Still... every little bit helps.

So the EQ website let you do it, but none of the others? You didn't get a fraud alert on your account I'm assuming, which is great. But this technique will only help you by boosting your score a few points and making you look less credit-hungry and more appealing to new creditors/lenders who check EQ only, right? Still... every little bit helps.

Experian won't let you. It says the requests have a right to stay on for 2 years. Although I may write & explain especially the auto ones what happened. I did not authorize them so they really should be removed. TransUnion I haven't found a way to dispute online. My free credit report was done back in January & so I'm not able to enter that report # again. I disputed some other stuff by mail so maybe I will get a report # with that I can dispute. My score needs all the help it can get. I'm in the mid 500 now. But I also was able to get a judgment removed from my EQ report so I hope that helps too. I'm trying to be patient & wait at least another month to get my FICO scores when I have more stuff cleaned up.

Although I'm a little leary to pay myFico for my scores because the last time I purchased them the CR that came with the score was still showing stuff that was not on the report from the actual CRA so how could my FICO score possible be accurate if its based on wrong info??

Oops forgot to say no FA was put on my file.

Although I'm a little leary to pay myFico for my scores because the last time I purchased them the CR that came with the score was still showing stuff that was not on the report from the actual CRA so how could my FICO score possible be accurate if its based on wrong info??

MYFICO is the score that most lenders rely on. The other scores are referred to as FAKO- and are notoriously inaccurate.

I would wait 6 months between myfico score purchases so you get a truer picture.