Removed ALL EQ Inquiries in less than 24 hours

MYFICO is the score that most lenders rely on. The other scores are referred to as FAKO- and are notoriously inaccurate.

I would wait 6 months between myfico score purchases so you get a truer picture.

I'm planning to wait while I'm doing disputes to see what else falls off before I purchase my FICO score again but what I'm worried about is if lenders pull my credit arent' they also getting the wrong score/info since the myfico site isn't showing as correct as the actual CRA??

Experian won't let you. It says the requests have a right to stay on for 2 years. Although I may write & explain especially the auto ones what happened. I did not authorize them so they really should be removed. TransUnion I haven't found a way to dispute online. My free credit report was done back in January & so I'm not able to enter that report # again. I disputed some other stuff by mail so maybe I will get a report # with that I can dispute. My score needs all the help it can get. I'm in the mid 500 now. But I also was able to get a judgment removed from my EQ report so I hope that helps too. I'm trying to be patient & wait at least another month to get my FICO scores when I have more stuff cleaned up.

Although I'm a little leary to pay myFico for my scores because the last time I purchased them the CR that came with the score was still showing stuff that was not on the report from the actual CRA so how could my FICO score possible be accurate if its based on wrong info??

Oops forgot to say no FA was put on my file.

Wow, this seems to be the mantra around here... has anyone ever had a fraud alert put on their file simply because of a dispute whether it be for name, address, or INQ's?

Looks like this might be (at least to some extent) a little bit of a false rumor put on there by CRA's? If no one has ever had a FA and all they have had is good luck having theit INQ's removed (in 24 hours no less) than perhaps this is something legitimate. I always like learning new things from CIC, I just thought boosting your score overnight by removing all INQ's was too good to be true.

There are a couple unauthorized INQ's on my CR I believe from a consolidation loan I applied for a while back, but thank bank checked with the entire universe of lenders when I applied and I did not authorize that, lol!

i found that 3 companies have pulled my credit with out my permission through exp. i called them and they said this cannot be investigated? i called the original creditor and they told me to mail dispute in qriting and i never received a response. any one familiar with removing exp?

i found that 3 companies have pulled my credit with out my permission through exp. i called them and they said this cannot be investigated? i called the original creditor and they told me to mail dispute in qriting and i never received a response. any one familiar with removing exp?

Yes EX never does it !!!!

Just wanted to update this procedure to say that Equifax still lets you dispute inquiries online with a report number. I disputed two tied to my credit union and they removed the older one.That leaves me with just one on Equifax so I am pleased.:mrgreen:

Have most people found it is better to approach the original creditor or company that made a hard pull to remove inq's since it supposedly erases inq's from all 3 CRA's - or would it be better to go to the CRA? I wasn't sure if there was a consensus on this or not, thanks :)

Yes EX never does it !!!!

Something (the only thing?) that EX does for which they should be commended!

On the topic of removing inquiries, none of the CRA are supposed to remove them. TU and EQ both have quirky system issues that make this possible. Even in the case of fraud (some would say especially in the case of fraud), inquiries shouldn't ever be removed from a file.

A great explanation by Methuss is here (it's also a forum "sticky"):

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260358

Something else to note: any luck you have removing INQ with TU and EQ is exactly that. The CRA still do keep track of the INQ. As to whether or not they show on your credit file is only a question of supression. Much to the chagrin of many who practiced B* with TC, these INQ can be added back to your file at any time..

If this method of removing INQ works for you, temporarily or long-term, then great, but IMHO, it isn't worth the time/effort...

Sort of along the same lines of certain CRA's differing in their offered services; the decision of Experian to stop the availability of FICO's for consumers had me confused with the MyFICO website's 30% discount which ends today. You can purchase a report+score for $15, but how do they handle pricing or discount if you want a report from EX? The 30% off was a great deal, but I am not going to jump on the opportunity right now since I am not in the market for a major purchase at the time being.

• 4 weeks later...

When you guys are disputing the inquiries what box are you checking?

I tried it recently and it didn't work.

Maybe someone can type the whole process for me that everyone is using now. Thanks a million!xangelx

UPDATE:

I had a confirmation number from an Equifax report from a while back. The confirmation number is on the Equifax credit report.

Then it asked if I wanted to dispute inquiries. And it diplayed the inquiries. When it showed the inquiries it had two reason to dispute them. I clicked the not authorized by me box.

They were removed in a few days.

This is a different method than discribed in this thread though, but it worked.

• 4 weeks later...
When you guys are disputing the inquiries what box are you checking?

I tried it recently and it didn't work.

Maybe someone can type the whole process for me that everyone is using now. Thanks a million!xangelx

UPDATE:

I had a confirmation number from an Equifax report from a while back. The confirmation number is on the Equifax credit report.

Then it asked if I wanted to dispute inquiries. And it diplayed the inquiries. When it showed the inquiries it had two reason to dispute them. I clicked the not authorized by me box.

They were removed in a few days.

This is a different method than discribed in this thread though, but it worked.

Can you PM me the new method FE I haven't done this in months and I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, thanks :)

I'm surprised this is still working. I haven't tried it in a while since I don't have very many inquiries anymore. Except on EX, but they've been aging off.

I know there are some naysayers but *B worked for me on TU (IDK if it still does) and disputing online worked for EQ. The removed inquiries didn't show up again or elsewhere. I had my reports pulled for mortgages twice and they weren't on either of those reports.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this method to dispute 3 recent inquiries on Monday. It seems to have worked.

I have score monitor and my score jumped up 13 points today. Score monitor said there was no specific activity to result in the higher score, then gave generic reasons why scores may change.

I pulled my report again and the inquiries are gone. Nothing else seems to have changed from my previous report of 8 days ago.

Edited by GOOD1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...