Removed ALL EQ Inquiries in less than 24 hours

• 2 weeks later...
Hi y'all,

I followed the path of the gurus and did my disputes via snail mail. Can anyone tell me why snail mail is better when the internet is working for others? Gracias :o)

My best guess would be it depends on who is receiving the dispute. The individuals at EQ that are assigned to handing disputes via snail mail may be more obliged to delete inquiries versus those who handle the disputes that are received via web or internet.

My best guess would be it depends on who is receiving the dispute. The individuals at EQ that are assigned to handing disputes via snail mail may be more obliged to delete inquiries versus those who handle the disputes that are received via web or internet.

If you send it CMRR, then you have a record of when they received it. "When" is the important point. They then operate under certain time constraints.

Thirty days is the usual via mail. Forty five if you use the free one from Annualcreditreport.com

When you keep the green card as a tool to be used in court, it shows that you've used efforts to resolve the situation which judges usually favor.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, looks like I have to do this snail mail but I am in a state that Experian doesn't deal w/ directly. I have a Florida address that I can use but I dont want to chance my credit info going there. Thanks for the info... I ran into an issue with my dispute in verifying who I am. ( this always happens to me) Never the less great info posted!!

Going on close to two weeks and its not working. When I did it this time it stated " does not recognize information we are now sending you to our online dispute center" or something like that and then it sent me to the old webpage that we used to use when we didn't have a confirmation #. I just did it the old way but it didn't work :( Anyone else have this problem ? :confused:

I figured out how to Equifax to delete inquiries.. ones I did not know about.... but what is the website for Experian and Trans Union???? what are the websites for those???? This will save me a lot of grief this way.

Forget disputing with EX they don't delete them. There was a way with EX by putting a FA on your CR but thats the only way. TU inq's will fall off by bumping but that takes a little time ! Good Luck :)

This is the email I got from EQ when I tried this process WTH :twisted:

Thank you for submitting your dispute with Equifax to address inaccuracies in your

Equifax credit file. We've started processing your dispute today.

In order to process your request, you will need to send us a copy of the following documents:

1. Valid Driver's License

2. Social Security card or W-2 form

3. Utility bill

Please print this page and fax or mail it in with the required proof documents

indicated above within 24 hours.

Please ensure that your 10-digit Confirmation Number is included with any

documents you submit to us.

Fax your documents to 1-888-826-0549, or

Mail to:

Equifax Information Services LLC

P.O. Box 740256

Atlanta, GA 30348

You may track the status of your dispute by visiting our website at

https://www.ai.equifax.com/CreditInvestigation

In order to view the status of your dispute you will need:

* Your dispute Confirmation Number provided in the subject line of this email.

* The email address you provided Equifax when you submitted this dispute.

Equifax will continue to keep you posted on the status of your dispute by sending you periodic email notifications.

Please DO NOT REPLY to this email as this is a system generated email and will not be read.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you,

Equifax Information Services LLC

I guess they are becoming EX now :(

I am jumping into this wayyyyy late, I know. I read as many of the prior posts on this thread to make sure I don't make a fool of myself..but I have to ask:

1. I did this online with EQ last night...how do you check results the following day? I have several disputes going on with EQ right now and I have dispute report numbers, but they all say pending.

2. How do some of you notice how many points your score went up after you saw that this worked? Do I have to request a re-score or something? I am a member of EQ 3 in 1, and even though some items have been removed, I do not see them updated on my CR online.

thanks a bunch and sorry if I asked something that has already been asked.

I am jumping into this wayyyyy late, I know. I read as many of the prior posts on this thread to make sure I don't make a fool of myself..but I have to ask:

1. I did this online with EQ last night...how do you check results the following day? I have several disputes going on with EQ right now and I have dispute report numbers, but they all say pending.

2. How do some of you notice how many points your score went up after you saw that this worked? Do I have to request a re-score or something? I am a member of EQ 3 in 1, and even though some items have been removed, I do not see them updated on my CR online.

thanks a bunch and sorry if I asked something that has already been asked.

No problem Holly what you have to do is update your CR with EQ 3-1 every 24 hours to see if the inq's are gone. As for how much your score goes up you can usually see your FAKO scores on most CMS(credit monitoring Services) but to see how much your CS has really gone up you would have to check your FICO scores at myfico.com and its a bit expensive. Most people like myself might check their Fico score once or twice a year after you have cleaned your credit up. Just use the search engine and search for FICO scores their is a lot to read their ! Good Luck :)

• 4 weeks later...
Well, it didn't work for me :(

I went through EQ and found that all 9 inquires are remaining. They had a link for me to view the letter they have already sent to me stating that they contacted each source and all info was verified.

I really think EQ has caught on and the fun is over ! The last two times I tried it I had no luck ! They sent me an email asking for all kinds of info within 24 hrs so it was fun while it lasted :)