IC Systems AGAIN!!

rm2738

I'll try to make this quick.

I have a collection onmy credit for $471 from uncle bob's storage that is being collected through IC systems. I attempted to validate the debt with IC systems, they sent me 18 pages of notes, invoices etc. They outline the charges as follows:

March 04

$49 rent

$15 first late

$25 second late

April 04

$49 rent

$15 first late

$25 second late

May 04

$49 rent

$15 first late

$25 second late

$115 Collection fee

$89 Auction fee

They claim to have auctioned off items left in unit. But there was nothing there. The auction paperwork even states "$0.00 earned from auction"

Rent was due on the 1st of every month.

There are notes from Uncle Bob's that were computer generated that note a conversation between myself and the mgr from 03/02/2004

"Noticed lock was removed from Mr *****'s unit, called asked if he was through with unit, Mr.***** stated that he was."

Even though I told them I was through with it and removed my lock, why on earth would they even try to collect for 3 more months?

If I gave them verbal notice, and they aknowledged that I had given them notice, how can they try to collect?

Also, where does IC systems fall into this? Since I did dispute with IC systems? CRA's? Numerous times over the past 2 years. Does any responsibility fall on IC systems for reporting inaccurate information?

Note: in the agreement it says absolutely nothing about a written notice or a minimum notice timeframe.

Well if you could end the agreement at any time with no notice, I don't see how they can continue to bill you... it's like the cable bill. You call up and end it. You aren't required to keep it for a length of time. They even have notes in the bill that the contract was terminated 3/02/2004.

So you can't be billed for April and May. I dunno if you paid in advance for services or not, which would determine whether the March bill is valid.

So if none of the months are valid, obviously the auction and collection fees are invalid. They might be invalid anyway if you didn't agree to them by contract.

I didn't think of it from that perspective. They are all just a bunch of scam artists. One of the first conversations I had with the manager AFTER our conversation on 03/02/2004 about me being done with the unit, She got beligerant with me and called me a liar and hung up on me. Boy, do I wish I had that on tape!

• 2 weeks later...

Got it removed from all three (3) reports.... I contacted a lwayer, I think I'll still follow through with a law suit since I had disputed with all 3 CRA's numerous times over the past 2 1/2 years and it came back "verified" each time. I have a decent paper trail and my lawyer says I have a decent case.

What do you guys/gals think?