FDCPA Violation?

Was reading this, and the CA on one of my CO'd accounts I'm trying to settle with the OC right now. It did not state I have 30 days to dispute the validity of the debt in the initial letter.

"§ 1692 g(a)(3) Must state Right to Dispute within 30 Days"

Am I reading this correct? Is this a violation since I was never given the option on the original CA letter they sent to me?

Was reading this, and the CA on one of my CO'd accounts I'm trying to settle with the OC right now. It did not state I have 30 days to dispute the validity of the debt in the initial letter.

"§ 1692 g(a)(3) Must state Right to Dispute within 30 Days"

Am I reading this correct? Is this a violation since I was never given the option on the original CA letter they sent to me?

Yes. Sometime within 5 days of their initial communication with you they have to tell you that you have 30 days to dispute the debt.

Pretty sure I just got the one that's attempting to collect on a CO account too as well as another violation of NCO/AFNI.

Neither are bonded in Texas from a search I'm doing on the TX Sec. of State debt collectors search.

Just more ammo. They still have time to get back to me as of right now.

Whoa...just realized something.

I'm thinking AFNI/NCO are one in the same...I was wrong.

I received notices from NCO...NEVER from AFNI. EVER.

Looking up to see where this is a violation (not telling me who the collector is) but having trouble trying to decide what it falls under.

Anyone? I guess under unfair attempts to collect etc. etc. since I don't KNOW who they are or what they want?

Settle????? If you do not get a PAID AS AGREED OR they REMOVE THE TRADLINE, then why settle?? So they can ruin your credit for another 7 yrs???? In Reference to a Collector, who cares they need to show you thier lawful authority to collect any money Section 808.1, original signed contracts that you consented them to collect, to start !

Settlements on the two CO's: I'm working on that right now...Sent them the OC letter on here for removal saying 'If I don't hear from you 15 days after receipt, you accept the terms of this agreement' (settling for less) then I will send a follow up.

The COLLECTION is different than the above. I was originally contacted by NCO. AFNI never sent me anything about the collection debt. Guess I should have started another thread. Anyhow, counted up a nice collection of violations on AFNI...sending them THAT letter telling them to delete or I'm going to get nasty tomorrow.