Debt Validation?

:( I sent letters to all the creditors and I have not got responses from all of them. Some of the companies have updated the credit report with new dates and I can not even tell when the last date of activity is .. only the report date. I am getting so discouraged with this credit repair thingy. Can someone please give me some advice?

I sent a letter to Paragon Way.. They updated my CR saying this is a new date.

Also, these companies are sending printouts to me and not validation like people have said on different threads. What do I do from here? What type of letter do I send?

I just need some help...

I need to get my report straight so I can buy a house.

:( I sent letters to all the creditors and I have not got responses from all of them. Some of the companies have updated the credit report with new dates and I can not even tell when the last date of activity is .. only the report date. I am getting so discouraged with this credit repair thingy. Can someone please give me some advice?

I sent a letter to Paragon Way.. They updated my CR saying this is a new date.

Also, these companies are sending printouts to me and not validation like people have said on different threads. What do I do from here? What type of letter do I send?

I just need some help...

I need to get my report straight so I can buy a house.

I am totally in the same boat as you, I got some validations through disputing them online but I had no hard proof of it being mine other then them saying so. We want to buy a house soon too. I need to get our scores up. I did however get 2 things removed from NCO it did not budge our score though. I am still learning here as well.

A few misconceptions there:

1 Validation is not what you get when you dispute with the CRA.

2 You do not DV the original creditor

3 The stuff that the form DV letters that you get here ask for is ridiculous. No CA is going to send you all of that stuff, nor are they required to.

4 The Date of last activity is not the date used to calculate the fall off date, the date of first delinquency (DOFD) is.

5 Just writing a few letters is not going to clean your credit. Sure, you will get some deletes that way, but in the end you are going to have to take a few to court, and perhaps even PFD one or two. Knowing the law and understanding how to make it work for you is the key.

6 Even when you DO know the law, it can take anywhere from 4 months to 18 months or more to clean your credit, and even more time to build positives back up. It took me 8 months to go from a 557 score to a 680. Two of my scores (5 years later) are still there. My top score is a 754- and the others will be there in October when the last negative falls off.

A few misconceptions there:

1 Validation is not what you get when you dispute with the CRA.

2 You do not DV the original creditor

3 The stuff that the form DV letters that you get here ask for is ridiculous. No CA is going to send you all of that stuff, nor are they required to.

4 The Date of last activity is not the date used to calculate the fall off date, the date of first delinquency (DOFD) is.

5 Just writing a few letters is not going to clean your credit. Sure, you will get some deletes that way, but in the end you are going to have to take a few to court, and perhaps even PFD one or two. Knowing the law and understanding how to make it work for you is the key.

6 Even when you DO know the law, it can take anywhere from 4 months to 18 months or more to clean your credit, and even more time to build positives back up. It took me 8 months to go from a 557 score to a 680. Two of my scores (5 years later) are still there. My top score is a 754- and the others will be there in October when the last negative falls off.

Thanks,

So we DV the CA first. Then wait to see if they validate? What is proof of valdation? A bill or something? Sorry so many questions.