Validation of Debt VIOLATION?

gregq

I had recently requested a validation of debt on two accounts with collection agencies hired by LVNV Funding; Enhanced Recovery Systems & National Enterprise Systems.

I sent out a "validation of debt" notice. Both return receipts were send back acknowledged. 28-days later I am receiving a notice from a lawyers office trying to collect the debt for LVNV Funding.

Is LVNV Funding or these two companies in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Act or do I have to send LVNV along with the lawyers office another "validation of debt" notice.

Also the amounts are increased from the original creditors amounts demanded. It's illegal for these collection agencies to collect fees & interest, correct?

What would be my next approach. suit or another validation notice, or something else?

Thanks

Greg

unless you sent the dv with a statement

"neither you nor your client is to ever contact me again concerning this debt unless it is in response to my communication". Then i would say you would have action against LVNV.

LVNV is scum. Recovering Attorney is right. They shuffle stuff from one sister company to another. Don't be suprised if your contacted by yet another Sherman Co. Also some of these collectors are known to send letters out on a lawyers letterhead in a attempt to make you think they have already turned it over to a lawyer, when in fact a lawyer has never seen it. Take it seriously. Don't just assume that is the case. DV the lawyer and start documenting evething. Good luck. Let us whats going on.