Overwhelmed

NellaGetsSexy

Alright, I'm looking at my credit report and I have several small bills. I was just wondering if I should just pay those off first as this will help to see a slight improvement. With collection agencies on a credit report are they able to pull my current credit report although I have opted out so no one can pull it. I have been opted out now for well over a year.

I also have a medical bill on my account in collections from when I had my daughter in 2002. I dont have anyway or address for collection agency. How do I go about this? Should I just dispute it from all three credit reports and see if they validate and then if they do ask that they forward me proof that I owe the debt and then ask for a pay for delete due to not having received anything saying I need to pay this debt.

Please help, thank you.

Alright, I'm looking at my credit report and I have several small bills. I was just wondering if I should just pay those off first as this will help to see a slight improvement.

If you're talking about paying the original creditor (OC), then yes. Contact them directly, claim something like "...oh gee, I forgot all about you guys, I'm so sorry...please take my money...(and, oh by the way, can you fix my credit report)..."

If its a CA, you have no good reason to pay them anything. Contact the OC.

If its been sold, and both the OC and the junk debt buyer (JDB) are on your reports, the only good reason to pay the JDB is if they will delete from your reports. They can't do anything about the OC's negative report.

With collection agencies on a credit report are they able to pull my current credit report although I have opted out so no one can pull it. I have been opted out now for well over a year.

Yes. Opt out only means that the CRA won't sell your reports to someone looking to lend you money. Opt out does not protect you from CAs and OCs and JDBs looking at your reports to see if their is evidence that you have money for them to hassle you for.

I also have a medical bill on my account in collections from when I had my daughter in 2002. I dont have anyway or address for collection agency. How do I go about this? Should I just dispute it from all three credit reports and see if they validate and then if they do ask that they forward me proof that I owe the debt and then ask for a pay for delete due to not having received anything saying I need to pay this debt.

...see above...

...with willingtocope.

And this will seem overwhelming at times, just remember--it takes patience and perseverence. Take it one step at a time. For me, in the beginning I only dealt with one creditor/bill collector at a time. It helped me focus and make decisions I wouldn't regret later.

Good luck.

Elyse