Asset Accept.

Katieg376

I received a message on my cell phone from Asset Accept. There message went like this:

This message is for (me). By continuing to listen you are acknowledging that you are (me). This is (rep) I am a debt collector from Asset Accept. Please contact me about a personal matter please call me at ....

Again this is (rep) a debt collector from Asset accept. My cell phone voicemail does not have my name. It is the standard greeting with the phone number.

Is this a violation? This is a debt that is over the SOL. I DVed them last year and they sent a bogus letter to try to validate.

Please advise!!!

Thanks!!!

Well, maybe its a violation. I'm not aware of any court cases that specifically says so. What is a violation is calling you on your cell phone if it costs you money to receive such calls.

I'd suggest you send them another DV along with a copy of whatever you sent last time pointing out that as far as your concerned this matter is closed and if the continue to pursue it, you'll be forced to investigate you legal remedies.