Curent but not really, need help with CC debt.

Doom

Hello all,

I am a complete neophyte to this and need some advise, I am recently divorced and have 33,000.00 in CC debt and that along with my other bills leaves me in a bad way although I can barely make the payment I have, I still end up using my overdraft to cover those unforeseen costs that come up each month. So I am slowly working my was into a hole, need any advice on how I can get out from under this CCdebt, also things seem to be very unstable in my current profession so I feel that stress as well, I wanted to be in a situation were I could take any reasonable job if and when mine does go away and need to be fiscally ready to do so. My CC debt is just one card btw and I have tried to pay a little extra when I could but I am not seeing any reduction so that is killing me. I did some research and I found this bit of info but did not peruse it as it seems, well I guess it seems too good to be true and you know what they say about that, anyway here it is.

From a website,

Now the Program Is Even Better

If you are current in your payments and can remain so for about 4-6 months there is an even better program you can learn to use. Instead of an adversarial process as we used on our own credit card debt, we can now show you how to "pay off " the debt with assets held in a federal constructive trust to which you are the rightful beneficiary. You simply do a commercial transaction to place a lien on that account and change your status in the eye of the law from Debtor to First Creditor. We'll show you how to use that position to reduce the national debt as you eliminate your credit card debt. Since the bank receives assets which you had electronically transferred between accounts in the national bankruptcy, you will have fulfilled your contractual obligations and your credit would not be damaged. You might even be able to keep the card and keep using it. And keep discharging it. They're your own assets!

This is one of our two main approaches to debt elimination, and it has been used successfully even against the IRS! Even better, this process is non-adversarial. We show you how to obtain access to an account created to represent you in the commercial fiction and to use that account to transfer assets to your debt account. You will learn how to reduce the national debt as you eliminate YOUR debt and satisfy your commitment to discharge the debt.... and you might even be able to continue to use the credit card!

Please any help will be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance.

I think you will find on this forum that we avoid "debt fixing" agencies like the plague! ::BigGun:: Mostly they take your money and accomplish nothing! :evil: You end up more in debt than before. Most of us have taken care of our credit card debt ourselves even though it takes time. :boxing: I see that you have quite a bit of credit card debt. Have your considered bankrputcy? :confused: I know that this is sometimes the last resort but I did it back in 2000 and the day I left that courtroom, I felt a huge relief! There are a lot of people on this forum who can assist you on the path of post bankruptcy. The stress alone is not worth it! :sad: I thought that bankruptcy would be the end of the world...but you know what, it isn't! Seven years later, I still have my house, my SUV and everything I had back in 2000! :) Thanks to this forum and a lot of reading from books I received from the library, I am smiling today! :BigDance:

Gotta agree about the debt fixer...I'm not sure that stategy is even legal (it kinda smacks of the "IRS is an illegal enitity and they can't really tax us" crowd.

BK may be an option. First, though, if you only have one CC, I'd suggest you call them. Ask for the "hardship department". Explain your situation (emphasize the recent divorce, etc) and ask if there's anything that can be done to lower your interest rates and payments. Most CC's have such a program...don't commit to something over the phone until you've had a change to see if it will fit in your budget...do be careful to make sure you understand the rules...if you can't see yourself sticking to it, don't do it. Most programs only last for a year or so...and the penalties can be harsh if you screw it up...