summons for repo

I was served February 2007 from a lawyer representing Ford seeking a deficiency judgement. I have responded within the 20 days answering the complaint. My question is, now what? Do I wait for a court date? Can I request all relevant information from Ford's lawyer (discovery)? I would love to know what exactly they have on me!!

Also, if anyone here is an expert on the Uniform Commercial Code I would love it translated for me. I think that there may be a way out of this mess for me.

I do not recall being notified of the sale of the car. I do not recall being notified that the car was sold at auction and for how much. Also, I did not receive notice prior to the repossesion of their intent to do so (although I know they are not required to do so). Many things about the original contract that I signed were changed throughout the lease such as the payment date. Out of 12 payments I made 10 were over 30 days late. They did not repo the car any other time. Does any of this give me cause for discharging it?

Yes. I did not admit or deny that UCC was followed correctly. Now, how do I get that information. What if they did try to send me the information. Ford had one address listed for me (the state I purchased the car) but repo'd it in Florida my new address.

Do I contact the lawyer for Ford to get their information?? I do not want to go to court looking like an idiot. I want ammunition.

Thanks

I called my local legal aid office. They suggested I call the lawyer's office representing Ford. I had an interesting experience on the phone with them. First woman who answered the line (which sounded like a lot of backround noise...like a collection agency) transferred me to another woman. When I asked for all records pertaining to my case, she said she would have someone call me back. The woman who called me back was the woman who answered the call in the first place. When I asked her if they had the letter from Ford stating their intent to dispose of the vehicle she said I would receive information via mail from them in a few days. I think she also thought I was crazy for being SO NICE to her. Then, she asked me if I wanted to set up payment arrangements with them. Is she kidding me?? Why would I give them a dime if I don't even know if they have proof to collect the debt in the first place.

Thank Goodness for this forum. I would not have had the guts to stand up for myself. Even if it turns out that Ford is in the right at least they will not win because of default. I will fight and I don't think they were counting on that.