Date of last payment vs DOLA..the same?

dpgirl

I was looking at some accounts on my Equifax report that list both the date of last payment and the date of last activity. Shouldn't those dates match? They are collections with LVNV and the dates don't match.

If not what would constitute the date of last activity if it is not a payment?

I was going to dispute that info as not being accurate (not matching) but I want to make sure that I'm right first.

Thanks.

Activity could be anything...charge, payment, even the date they bought it.

Date of last payment should be just that.

But, its the Date of First Delinquency that important....the indicates when it would fall off your CRs.

Since its a CA TL, the DOFD should be from the OC's TL. Hopefully you haven't made a payment to these scum bags...so, unless they're taking the date of last payment from the OC, then you might dispute that as in error.

Thanks Willing.

Naturally as soon as I posted this I found the answer in one of your other posts. Sadly, way, way back before I found these sites I did go through a debt consolidation agency and if LVNV does ever really dig, I know they can prove that I made one payment to them on each account therefore starting the SOL all over again. One was in April of 2003 and the other in June 2003. If I hadn't done that I maybe would be out of the woods now as the previous payments were in 2001. Here in California the SOL is four years so it would have been up by now.

Anyway, since I have the proof of these payments I will assume LVNV does and just keep quiet until July of this year when I am certain the SOL is over. I haven't heard from them in ages since I DV'd each CA they passed these around to. None of them answered.

Anyway, let this be a lesson to the newer people not to go with debt consolidation companies, they don't really help and read all the info here and follow the steps.