mailed certified dispute letter got it back creditor refused

milkman

yea so im following the debt validation strategy and i sent the credit company a dispute letter to validate my debt certified mail and they sent it back to me as refused what do i do now? the debt is not a valid one so do i sue them in small claims court? any help is appreciated thanks.

Hi every one

I would copy the refused mail envelop , and file complaint in the form or a letter with the state attorney general, and the FTC, make sure so attaché copy of the refused mail envelop, and for good faith I would send a regular letter to the Collection company so the would know you mean business

Try to google the company and find there fax or phone and any other addresses where you can resend the letter.

you should get results

Good luck

My understanding of this forum is that you never "DV" original creditors! :roll: You should DV the collection agencies. 8-) In any case, if I did receive an item refused or a certified letter never picked up, which I have from collection agencies, I do send it FedX! It surprises them that we have this much knowledge!xpopcornx

One thig my employer does is this. they add the certified mail or fed ex number to the letter

John Doe

USA collection

123 main S.

Everywhere Ohio 12345

Certified Mail 123456789XXXX

This way that letter is attatched to this number and they cannot deny recieving that letter. anytime that number is entered you can get a reading from USA mail even a year later

yea so im following the debt validation strategy and i sent the credit company a dispute letter to validate my debt certified mail and they sent it back to me as refused what do i do now? the debt is not a valid one so do i sue them in small claims court? any help is appreciated thanks.

Do not open the envelope.

Do not send it to anyone.

It is evidence of what they refused to know -- and they are presumed to have received it.

Send another copy, this time addressed to their registered agent. registeredagentinfo.com will help you look that up. If they refuse that, file a complaint with the secretary of state.

Also, you CAN fax your dispute. :)

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264049

Is this an OC or a CA, and is this a dispute letter or a DV letter?

What's the name of the company?

I do as JTsdaddy suggested DVing or disputing. Put a reference line near the top of the letter showing Certified Mail xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Since they're refusing it, get a mailer and tracking number from Fedex (I presume it's like USPS CM and right there on the label so you can pick one up lots of places). Include that tracking number in a reference line in the letter.

When using CMRRR, I save the CM slip, the RR card, a copy of the letter I sent with the CM number on it, and even the receipt from USPS which also has the CM number on it. CM number on 4 seperate pieces of evidence.

When sending Fedex, save everything with the tracking number. You can print off their website showing delivery confirmation, but I don't know whether they send you anything like a RR card the way USPS does. Fedex also has a service called Signature Proof of Delivery. You get either a Fax letter or an Online printable letter showing a picture of the signature.

https://www.fedex.com/Spod?link=1&lid=//Track//Ground+SPOD+Corp&cntry_code=us