Paid Debt to Creditor - Collection Agency Still on my Credit Report

u2faninsb

I recently owned Comcast a past due amount. It went to a collection agency. I paid the past due amount directly to Comcast, however, the collection agency is still on my credit report, now just with a $0 balance. How do I get it off? I know that even though the amount is $0, the fact that they are a collection agency is bringing my credit score down.

You could try the 1-2 punch method. DV the CA, and then dispute with the CRA. Since it's PIF, maybe the CA never got validation from the OC and maybe the OC won't give it to the CA. Nothing to lose by trying except $5 in postage.

If that doesn't work, try a Goodwill letter. If you're a current Comcast customer, you perhaps stand a better chance of getting a Goodwill deletion.

Hopefully you paid with a check or have a reciept from Comcast. If you do have this documentation then you can try doing this as it worked for me. Dispute the CA listing and enclose a copy of the reciept or cancelled check from Comcast. You will do this using actual mail, don't go online and state you paid the OC. In the written dispute just state that per the enclosed check/reciept you paid the OC and there was no CA involved with this transaction therefore it should not be listed on your report.

I tried that one time and it worked for all three.