Judgements?

Cleaningup

I am currently cleaning up my credit along with my husbands. The question that I have is if the same account is reported twice on our credit report once as a judgement and then as a collection account,Can I dispute the collection? and what if the judgement is paid?:confused:

I am currently cleaning up my credit along with my husbands. The question that I have is if the same account is reported twice on our credit report once as a judgement and then as a collection account,Can I dispute the collection? and what if the judgement is paid?:confused:

Are the collection amounts and the judgment the same?:confused: Paid judgment stay on your credit report for 7 yrs. We need more detailed information to assist you. :shock: Was the account originally a collection which turned into a judgment? xWhipMex

Ok the judgement was a collection at first and then became a judgement.The collection was for the amount of $2123 Date opened 1/2003 Date Reviewed 8/2006. The judgement was filed 12/2005 for the amount of $2248. I'm assuming the difference is court cost

Ok the judgement was a collection at first and then became a judgement.The collection was for the amount of $2123 Date opened 1/2003 Date Reviewed 8/2006. The judgement was filed 12/2005 for the amount of $2248. I'm assuming the difference is court cost

Since the judgment is paid, it will will remain for the 7 years. You can dispute the collection account with the credit bureaus. They shouldn't be able to verify it. If they can't verify it, they must remove it! :) Send your request certified mail to the credit bureaus. There are sample letters on the forum. You will need your current credit report as it will have the name, account number and amount on it. Let them do the work of having it removed! 8-) If for any reason...and it shouldn't... they verify it, then ask them for their MOV, method of verification. ::linedancers::