where you live matters?

I've been doing some research and applying for credit here and there.trying to judge what reporting agency a certain creditor might pull.(like the threads here)

like for instance, i looked into a gas card from exxon moble and found a few people saying they pull from EQ and lower scores. i thought cool thats my highest score(580).But as would have it, they pulled TU my lowest score.also did not need the inq there either.

The other thing that makes me think this is,besides seeming like every creditor i apply to here uses TU(no matter what i read),its also the 1 reporting agency i have been really screwed on since my BK7 in 2003. while the other 2 are fairly correct for the most part and higher scores.

Am i wrong or is this true. i see people listing where they live when they get credit.I'm packing now and moving to FL from MI.will i change bureaus for the most part?

I'm still new to all of this rebuilding,so sorry if its a dumb question.

:hah: The big three...Experian, Equifax & Transunion...are wherever you go!::BigBaby:: The only thing that possibly changes is the creditor in the area where you go and who they pull. You will notice that you will find a variety of people on the forum but depending on where they live and depending on what credit they are attempting to get, the credit bureaus may be different. :urcrazy: You can always ask up front what credit bureau they go through! I have done this many times and since I know my fico scores, I can make a more informed decision on my credit! :yahoo:

:hah: The big three...Experian, Equifax & Transunion...are wherever you go!::BigBaby:: The only thing that possibly changes is the creditor in the area where you go and who they pull. You will notice that you will find a variety of people on the forum but depending on where they live and depending on what credit they are attempting to get, the credit bureaus may be different. :urcrazy: You can always ask up front what credit bureau they go through! I have done this many times and since I know my fico scores, I can make a more informed decision on my credit! :yahoo:

Ok so then most creditors just use TU? i have 20 inquiries on TU ranging from CC to auto loans ect over the last 2 years, only 4 that are recent.basically 0 inquires at the other 2 bureaus.(just noticing a trend)

I found a thread on another BB with someone stating a certain creditor used a certain bureau.i found that to be untrue in my case and the reason for the question.

But i will take your advice about calling first.(had'nt thought of that:roll: )

heh I'm hoping once i finally get moved at the end of the month and change my addys with home and the bureaus,some thing will change.

I tried for the target guest card just for the heck of it, since most posts and the "stickys" say they pull EQ. but of coarse the inquire showed up on TU :roll:

Altho, i can say the company i bought my new place threw in FL used EQ, and i have 1 inquire there and a place to live.:D

I had a creditor tell me recently that they pull from all three, but take turns. Example, they'll pull from Experian--than for the next batch of credit apps they'll pull from Equifax and so forth. SO, sometimes it's the "luck" of the draw I suppose.

Have you researched the site that says what credit bureau's get pulled and by whom?

Elyse

I had a creditor tell me recently that they pull from all three, but take turns. Example, they'll pull from Experian--than for the next batch of credit apps they'll pull from Equifax and so forth. SO, sometimes it's the "luck" of the draw I suppose.

Have you researched the site that says what credit bureau's get pulled and by whom?

Elyse

I suppose i'm just having bad luck maybe. i found that site and it was what lead me to my newest apps,so not really sure.I'm just beginning think i have "check TU" tattooed on my forehead:)

I did notice the exxon card i applied for checked TU on the 12th and then again on the 13th so not sure what was up with that either, but i noticed my score dropped another few points.

Ok so then most creditors just use TU? i have 20 inquiries on TU ranging from CC to auto loans ect over the last 2 years, only 4 that are recent.basically 0 inquires at the other 2 bureaus.(just noticing a trend)

I found a thread on another BB with someone stating a certain creditor used a certain bureau.i found that to be untrue in my case and the reason for the question.

But i will take your advice about calling first.(had'nt thought of that:roll: )

No, most creditors don't pull TU. They pull who they pull in your state. And you won't get an answer from a phone rep. They don't know. Most of them wouldn't even be able to name the bureaus, let alone which one would be pulled in your state.

No, most creditors don't pull TU. They pull who they pull in your state. And you won't get an answer from a phone rep. They don't know. Most of them wouldn't even be able to name the bureaus, let alone which one would be pulled in your state.

Thanks for the info.Then i guess my thoughts/trends i saw for the most part were correct.

On another note i did just receive word of another victory delete on my error filled TU report and in writing VIA BBB :) Guess i'll just keep chipping away.

And wait to move.

Well I guess just as fast as i was let down. Orchard Bank opened there doors and i walked through em.and got an approval for there gold card:) not great but a start.

Used there pre approved app i got in the mail.Thought for sure i would be turned down,since i filed a BK7 on them 4 yrs ago.

Well I guess just as fast as i was let down. Orchard Bank opened there doors and i walked through em.and got an approval for there gold card:) not great but a start.

Used there pre approved app i got in the mail.Thought for sure i would be turned down,since i filed a BK7 on them 4 yrs ago.

That's terrific, congratulations!! :)++ Everyone has to start somewhere. :)

credit limit is not very high,but at least it doesn't have all the bogus fees leaving ya with $50 or so when there done. this one just has a $79 annual and 18% i can live with that for now:)

Seems my hard work since finding this forum is starting to pay off.The info here is great!