Well Fargo Refi?

PaigeAMJ

I got a refi done through Wells Fargo for 10%! I was with Capital One for 17% and of course they would't lower it. I also tried

Patelco - denied because I have 2 car loans (was only trying to refi one though)

USECU - denied because of the # of inq. (been a member for 10 years)

Wachovia - denied w/ no reason

I'm thinking about making them my sole bank and getting a cc w/ them. Oh, they only pulled TU and my score was a 672 w/ no derogs.

Did you get it in writing about the 8 month good behavior rate reduction?

I refied with them few years ago and since I was an idiot and not knowlegeable at all, with 720 scores I was stuck a 3 year prepayment penalty and I did not bat an eye. Received an equity line cc and a regular cc.

Long story short, after I missed couple of payments they wanted to foreclose on the equity line cc ( my wife lost her job, we were overextended with cc debt) even though I never missed a mortgage payment with them. I ended up going to a subprime lender to get away from these people and their foreclosure proceedings.

Just keep your eyes open. Maybe I fell in the wrong store front office of Wells Fargo.

I'm sorry to hear that.

No, I didn't get it in writing. The rep that approved me (on the phone) told me that and gave me his direct number.

I just left the store front and they said that they dont deal with the changes there. I got approved for a cc and I also wanted to start the mortgage process but he said I am ineligible because of my scores (734 but they were just at 649 on Friday) so I would have to go directly to Wells Fargo (which just called me).

get it in writing..a rate deduction every 8 months....

Really...:shock: - get that in writing. You should ask is this an adjustable loan? I feel the LO knew you didn't know what he was talking about.

Never the less - Wells Fargo is a strong bank that if you keep up on the payments, you shouldn't have any problem with them.