experian wont delete

I have a target account on my Experian credit report that was closed in 1998. I recently sent Experian a letter stating that it was over 7 years and needs to be deleted. they sent me a credit report back stating this account is scheduled to continue on record until July 2008. by my math, thats 10 years. is this correct

Not yet. thats on my to-do list today. I wanted to make sure i was right before i cussed them out.

I think its positive, it doesnt really specify. my original credit limit is 300.00, my high balance is 520.00 and the status says closed: 473 past due as of july 1998

Not yet. thats on my to-do list today. I wanted to make sure i was right before i cussed them out.

I think its positive, it doesnt really specify. my original credit limit is 300.00, my high balance is 520.00 and the status says closed: 473 past due as of july 1998

When was your last history or payment on it.

Where does this item appear on your report? In positive or negative items??? It has to be one or the other. If it's in positive, it can stay for 10 years. If it's in negative, it should be gone.

If they're saying 10 years, it sounds like it's appearing on the positive side of the ledger, which is helping your score.