Has anyone had any luck with OC verification and deletion?

brattylatina

I have sent a request to PG & E to send me a copy of at least the last statement they supposedly have for me. I explained that I was not denying that I had service with them, but that I was sure I had paid the final bill and that the date I moved out and the new owners moved in, could easily be proved. I moved from this home the middle of December 2000, they are saying my final bill was May of 2001. I had to send a different type of letter, due to OCs being governed by different rules and laws. This was mailed on March 12 and if and when I hear anything, I will be sure to let you know. I also disputed it with EQ and it came back verified, so now I am going to send them a CRRR letter to find out what their MOV was.

The OC doesn't have to verify unless, you are DVing the CRA's. Have you DV'd the CRA's?

Sorry, I guess I meant "Dispute with OC." I'm at a standstill on some OCs as they are charged-off but the CAs are not reporting, only the OC. I thought maybe if I do the Dispute with OC on the old ones, they wouldn't be able to provide info.

Any thoughts?

I've had very good success using the format outlined at the top of the page entitled "Disputing w/ Orig. Creditors". I just picked one aspect on the TL so I'd have a fall-back dispute if I needed it. 12 months went from 500 to 700. Just crossed 700 today! Follow the process. Dispute with CRA,Then OC and of course, MOV. I've done plenty wrong . I would have done much better if I followed the process sooner. Peace

SportLife9 -

All of my OC's were back from 2001 and I started the process in 12/06. For the most part I think I had time on my side and bad record keeping of the OC's.

I got these removed...

House Hold Bank Card - Deleted

Providian Financial - Deleted

WFNNB/Abercrombie - Deleted

GEMB/ExxonMobil - Deleted

GEMB/Gap - Did not respond to my DV after they confirmed with CRA's. I then contacted the BBB and filed a complaint. They suddenly found my application dated 10/21/01 and provided it to both the BBB and me but since they failed to do it in the 30 days as required...they "in good faith" stated in the BBB complaint they would contact the BIG 3 and have it removed and requested I wait 30 - 60 days for the BIG 3 to report it. So far EX & EQ have removed it...still waiting for TU to remove it.

The Providian Financial is showing up as Unifund now...but I think I have them backed into a corner as they are reporting I filed bankruptcy to the CRA's and I never did. So it should be coming off soon.

03/26/07 EQ - 682, EX - 712, TU - 628

SportLife9 -

All of my OC's were back from 2001 and I started the process in 12/06. For the most part I think I had time on my side and bad record keeping of the OC's.

I got these removed...

House Hold Bank Card - Deleted

Providian Financial - Deleted

WFNNB/Abercrombie - Deleted

GEMB/ExxonMobil - Deleted

GEMB/Gap - Did not respond to my DV after they confirmed with CRA's. I then contacted the BBB and filed a complaint. They suddenly found my application dated 10/21/01 and provided it to both the BBB and me but since they failed to do it in the 30 days as required...they "in good faith" stated in the BBB complaint they would contact the BIG 3 and have it removed and requested I wait 30 - 60 days for the BIG 3 to report it. So far EX & EQ have removed it...still waiting for TU to remove it.

The Providian Financial is showing up as Unifund now...but I think I have them backed into a corner as they are reporting I filed bankruptcy to the CRA's and I never did. So it should be coming off soon.

03/26/07 EQ - 682, EX - 712, TU - 628

Did you do the "Dispute with Original Creditor" at the top of the page? Or were these listed with CA and you DVd?

SportLife9 -

Providian - Was deleted when I disputed it with the CRA's.

House Hold - Was deleted when I disputed it with the CRA's.

GEMB/ExxonMobil - Was deleted when I disputed it with the CRA's.

WFNNB/Abercrombie - Deleted when I requested they VD and told them I wwould sue for willful non compliance.

GEMB/Gap - Deleted only after contacting the BBB.

Cost to remove various bad TL's via CMRRR to date... $232.72

Why can't you DV an OC?

The reason I ask is... an OC charge off (Providian now WaMu) claims they don't have any record of our settlement and we've challenged them via DV to find the records of anything... (I guess Providian got into deep $#@! by shredding payments a few yrs ago...) seemed worth a try. But... we've busted them on re-aging the account so its more than a simple DV. Also... they CLAIM they sold the debt after charge off BEFORE we settled, but seemingly have no proof of that... won't even tell us who they sold it to. We countered with 'the tradeline is with Providian and no one else, so the buck stops with you' We just threw the book at them... playing blind-man-bluff I suppose :lol:

StuckInTheMiddle -

I'm a newbie...so this might not be correct information but from my understanding...you should dispute with the CRA's first...once they confirm the Providian account is yours...and provide you with an updated report. Then you can request that Providian provide you with credit card application, last billing statements, etc.

Trying to get 50 posts to get my signature.

OK

We first disputed the charge off in 1/2005, twice. It came back verified, this was before we knew that they just 'rubber stamped' the verifications. We added a customer comment of 'consumer disagrees' so I guess that left it open ended.

I dunno if there is time limit to 're-dispute' but its been two years since the last one.

So I guess we did the dispute thing twice, got the same response and now we've moved on to 'prove it'... whether we have a leg to stand on or not... I have no clue. Along with the re-aging, I think we've painted them into a corner and they may delete out of convenience... the account has been a paid (in settlement) $0 balance since 10/2003. The re-aging they did is to post balances and late payment history from 11/2003 to 1/2005, hinky stuff.

I'll post the results of the whole thing, it's only been 10 days but we did get a call from someone that seems to have a brain, vs. the jerks in customer service.

Why can't you DV an OC?

You can DV an OC, but it carries no weight under the law. You can send the OC a request to be given a part in a Broadway Show, but that doesn't mean they're going to do that either and there's no law compelling them.

DV is for CAs, and the FDCPA provides for it.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/debt_validation.shtml

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/legal/FDCPA.shtml#809

With OCs you dispute first with the CRA and then with the OC. The law provides for that in the FCRA.

http://creditinfocenter.com/repair/DisputingWithOriginalCreditor.shtml

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/legal/FCRA.shtml#623

Check out this thread chronicling our drama with Providian, I just updated with the results we got today. Basically, they had no proof of the charge off, they claimed mishandling by the CA (which we were never notified of) and also 're-aged' by reporting payment history after the account was a $0 balance.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?p=754357#post754357

Good Luck!

One thing that you can do is write a letter stating that you are being audited and that you need copies of all the documents that they posess that are relevent to your account in order to prove/answer specific questions that they are asking. Assure them that you appriciate their efforts. Send it CMRRR and make it look good but don't mention the names of any govenmental agencies (IRS, etc). Just a shot

I have two CO's left on my reports and they will not budge, in fact since stirring the pot, one (DSRM) has updated to 120+'s . The other is Cap1 and of course, no luck with getting them to move, so far. The thing is though, DSRM still has not marked the acct as 'in dispute' how can I use this to my advantage, since its really all I have agaisnt them right now. I think I might be about to get them on a re-age...but am not really sure about that one. They will not PFD, or accept any offer. All they will do is mark it as 'paid collection' for the full amount, so I will just sit on it for the next couple years I guess.

Other then that, GEMB/Lowes was deleted from the OC after DV. Yes I know that is not what you are suppose to do, but it did work for that one.