Collections are calling

Bugkiller

I have an unpaid acct with a former wireless provider. They now have their collection agency calling. I have the money to pay this bill but it is already on my credit report. Can someone please show me exactly how I should go about settling this? The agency told me it would be removed from my credit report 60-90 days after they recieve the payment. Im located in PA if this helps.

If they are claiming it will fall off the cr in 60-90 days have them put it in writing and send it to you. I got burned w/pcb they told me the same thing, its been a year late and its still on my cr. Anytime a CA OC, JGB,etc agree to do something make sure its in writing on their letterhead and its signed by a person and their title.

h

I remember once a guy at a CA told me, "Yes, once you pay it it will be removed". I said great, I need you to fax me that in writing, after a few seconds of silence, he quickly said let me talk to my sup., then came back and said, "oh, I mean It will be marked as PIF."

Of course I told them that was unacceptable and hung up.

Oh, and read -Primer- on the first page of -Credit Repair-here, near the top., or just search it (in blue bar above)

The agency told me it would be removed from my credit report 60-90 days after they recieve the payment.

Go ahead and wait 60-90 days, the TL will still be on your report. Then, sometime in June, you'll call the CA and they'll act like they've never talked to you before. Then they'll tell you they can't remove a paid collection.

It doesn't take 60 days; they can remove it tomorrow if they want to.