I almost made a huge mistake

hajimon

Yesterday i almost made a huge mistake. I owe time warner cable $921 on an account. In which they sent me to an area CA. The Ca calls me in Nov for payment and threatens me to place the debt on my credit report, I ask for everything in writing they in turn place the debt on EQ in Jan. I was going to pay it with my tax refund, but since it hit EQ i disputed it for the accurate amount the other day the dispute comes back with a change to the account which is marked paid in full. So I say to myself well if they are saying its paid then I nee to dispute again for being paid b4 collection activity started. I had EQ on the phone about to re-investigate, then it dawned on me if the CA made the error and marked the debt as paid im not going to help them fix their mistake.

Now I figure that if they reverse the error at a later time I will dispute w/EQ again and send the report in which they claim it was paid in full. At the same time I will pay the OC and complain to their legal dept about accurate reporting , lawsuit for fraud, hopefully, my main goal is to get this debt paid and removed from my CR

Is this a gamble, of course it is, but EQ is my lowest fico so I can wait a little while longer to raise it no rush.

Maybe this will work the way I want it to maybe not.

I am getting itchy and I want to dispute and challenge the remaining baddies on CR's but I will wait for another 30-60 days until i close on my house.

h

Ok so the OC is or is not on your CR?

Yes, pay the OC do NOT pay the CA. Then hit on the CA for reporting on a debt that they were not paid for and do not own.

I've used this technique with success but not without many phone calls and letters.