Debt Purchaser and Credit Report

moneymadness

Hi Everyone!:)++

I just found this forum and really need help answering a question. I created some credit card nightmares back in my college days. This was 7 or 8 years ago. I was told that the negatives would be taken off of my credit report in 7 years. However, another company purchased the old debt and they have listed 2004 as the original date of the debt. Does this mean that my original debt from the 90's is now considered more recent debt? This just doesn't seem to make sense. I know that I should have paid this off, but I assumed that it would disappear. Silly me, I know. Has anyone else had this problem?

Get copies of all 3 credit reports and start disputing the negative tradeline as directed here: http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263069 If you have any old copies of your credit report showing the original tradelines it would probably help a lot in proving that the debt has been re-aged.

However, another company purchased the old debt and they have listed 2004 as the original date of the debt. Does this mean that my original debt from the 90's is now considered more recent debt?

The JDB may have purchased the debt in 2004, which on your CR would be listed as "Date Opened". That has nothing to do w/ the DOFD, which is the date that determines when it should fall from your report.