Paid Tax Lien

TinCupAZ

Let me first start off by thanking all the regulars in here. Indirectly, most of you have helped me by supplying answers to my questions that others had asked. All my scores are up about 50 points so far..and just a few more TL's to work on and I'll be done.

One question I have is this...I finally was able to finish paying my tax lien. I understand that it will now remain for 7 years after the paid date. Is it possible after 6 months or a year to have it removed via 1-2 punch method or does the IRS have that long memory ...

TIA!

The IRS has nothing to do with Reporting Period. That time frame is set by the FCRA. I've found the IRS to be much more cooperative than the CRA's.

Legal items like Tax Liens are Public Records. They appear in that section of your CR. As 'public' disposition of legal matters, they are open for viewing by anyone wishing to visit their storage location. From this place, they are scanned by enterprising individuals who sell the info to data clearinghouses, like LexisNexis and ChoicePoint. Those secondary CRA's then re-sell the records to the CRA's.

Many consumers focus on their CR. But for those who own real property, or those who wish to purchase such, PR's are much more of a headache for how they cloud title. This is their true 'danger'.

It's worth working towards removal by disputing with the CRA's. Just don't expect too much. And, make sure the disposition is recorded at the same location as the original lien.