Received GreenCards and Letter from CA

Hi,

I recently begun my DV process.

I received the green card from Allied Instate (collecting an $85 for DirectTV). This green card was signed on March 15.

Today, I just received the usual 60% settlement offer from the CA. This settlement letter was dated March 17 (two days after they signed the green card).

Is this unusual? What should i do now? I also disputed the account with the 3 CRAs. Should I send them a PFD letter? Or wait for the 30days for their validation

Regards, Y

Hi,

I recently begun my DV process.

I received the green card from Allied Instate (collecting an $85 for DirectTV). This green card was signed on March 15.

Today, I just received the usual 60% settlement offer from the CA. This settlement letter was dated March 17 (two days after they signed the green card).

Is this unusual? What should i do now? I also disputed the account with the 3 CRAs. Should I send them a PFD letter? Or wait for the 30days for their validation

Regards, Y

You can always dispute with the CRA's. I would wait until the 30 days have passed to see if they validate. Don't you think it's odd that they send you a settlement letter when at the same time they could have validated? :twisted: Wait for the time for their validation and send your disputes to the CRA now. :)++

Girl,

No, I don't think I DV'd them timely. I never received their initial letter, but I recall this is the second time they sent me this settlement lettter..so it must be a standard one they keep on sending.

Since they can't prove I received their original collection letter (the one that offers the consumer 30 days to dispute the account), then I could conceivably claim that this is the first time I am aware of their activities.

hope that helps,,

thanks - YY

thanks --

hmmmm ability to mail the letter -- that sounds rather interesting...

how can one prove ability to mail letter (ie that they have the money, and can walk/drive to the post office)?

if that is the case, then they are having an easy ride

/Y