How to pay judgement??

pclonghi

Back in 02, I had a few medical bills that were sent to collections. We moved several times and stuff just got lost. To make a long story short, had a judgement against me in June of 03. Im in a position to pay this now and Im not sure how to do it. Do I pay the plaintiff?? Or do I need to pay the Attorney who signed the Notice of Suit?? My only problem is, can they get interest on this debt from 02?? And there are 4 different judgements all with the same Attorney. If I pay him for 1 now will he try to get all 4 at one time. Its for all different creditors so if I pay them directly the Attorney in question will never know.

Paying a judgment is not really the issue. It's just a means to an end. The 'end' is a proper disposition to this legal item. Having the disposition tells any interested parties that the judgment has been resolved and will not cloud title, impact potential security or impede the creditors ability to take action (against you) should action be needed due to default.

The dispositions for a judgment are a Satisfaction of Judgment or an Order to Vacate Judgment. The order to Vacate is a dismissal. The judgment can be removed from your CR (after fighting tooth and nail). The Satisfaction is added to (the judgment on) your CR.

As SecretAgentWoman said, you can contact the Clerk of Courts for the procedure. You may also wish to research your state's laws regarding this. Some states require the plaintiff to process the disposition upon PIF, others leave it up to the consumer.