Nco Gone.. Next Step

credit2fly

Hello All

Thanks to every one for the great info posted here. I was successfully able to delete NCO from my CR after reading the posts on this site (gone in 10 days after i DV'ed). I received a letter from NCO today stating that this account is closed in this office and are not responsible for any information that reflects on my CR if any other company inserts anything regarding this account. This is an MBNA account that was charged off in 08/2004 (when I was in NC). I have searched about MBNA on this site.. most of the posts are talking about arbitration etc etc. My CR reflects MBNA ( now BOFA) with $0 balance and says it is purchased by/sold to another debtor. Last reported on 08/2004. I am wondering what my next step should be. Should I dispute with BOFA saying that I never had account with them? What possible repurcussions that might cause? Please input your experiences with MBNA and how you handled it.

Thanks

credit2fly

MBNA is reporting correctly. The account has been sold, $0 balance.

I received a letter from NCO today stating that this account is closed in this office and are not responsible for any information that reflects on my CR if any other company inserts anything regarding this account.

Definitely watch your reports and if someone else attempts to collect immediately DV them. The fact that NCO can't/won't validate bodes well for you in case another CA comes calling.

________

Live sex

Edited by kevin3344

I understand that MBNA is reporting correctly. But I want to get the MBNA TL off my CR. If I dispute MBNA timeline, what are the chances that they will be on my back. I am ready to settle with them if they come after. They stopped reporting it long time back( 2 years ago). Since MBNA merged with BOA, I want to take a shot at their record keeping ??? Please share your experiences dealing with BOA.