Not sure what to do here.............

MR CJ

This concerns my busines but I hope someone can leadme in the right direction...........

Verizon claims I purchased advertising.......they send a bill.....

I tell them no....I did not purchase ads.....they send a bill....

Next..CA sends a bill.....I send letter for DV......they keep sending me a bill and keep calling...

I send another letter to both Verizon and the CA....neither can come up with a contract or tape recording, ect to prove the debt is mine....

Get another letter from CA....going to place this with the Credit Reporting Agency......

Now I`m getting pissed off......

What do I have to do to get these idiots to understand that all they have to do is show me a signed contract with my name on it to prove this is mine...they cannot...

Now what?????

If these are claims that you personally owe them money, then have they placed adverse TLs on your personal CRs with the CRAs?

If yes, then DV the CA and dispute it with the CRAs. For the OC, Verizon, first you need to dispute with the CRAs. Once those come back verified, then you can contact the OC and start down the ITS path.

If these are claims against your business, then you need to talk with your attorney.

If these are claims that you personally owe them money, then have they placed adverse TLs on your personal CRs with the CRAs?

If yes, then DV the CA and dispute it with the CRAs. For the OC, Verizon, first you need to dispute with the CRAs. Once those come back verified, then you can contact the OC and start down the ITS path.

If these are claims against your business, then you need to talk with your attorney.

The amount they say I owe is only 294.00...... I just cant justify getting a lawyer involved.....the letters are sent to my business name.....can they put a adverse comment on my personal CR???

Have you actually pulled your CRs and is there a TL from either the CA or OC?

When they call, do they ask for you personally or do they call and ask to speak with a representative of the business?

Are the bills and CA notices to you or the business? If the CA is addressing them to you specifically, then DV them.

Almost sounds like the CA and maybe even the OC is fishing for your SSN so they can attach the debt to your CR, if there isn't already a TL on your CR.

If they haven't put anything on your CR, and you know it ain't yours, then C&D them. If they violate that, contact your AG. They tend to get involved in those sorts of issues.

When they call, they ask for me. All letters are sent to my business name.

The TL is not reported on any CRA`s yet, but they are threating too. That is what makes me mad.

I have DV`d them , and they still try to collect.

I have requsted to see ANY documents and it goes in one ear and out the other.

I`m sending them another letter telling them that IF they do report this to a CRA, I advised them that it would be fraud because they CANNOT prove it mine. ( and its not!)

Also told them the next time they hear from me , it will be a court summonds.

FDCPA DOES NOT APPLY TO BUSINESS DEBTS. PERIOD!

Send them a C&D letter, with refusal to pay and FOAD.

Like this:

Dear scumbag D/C,

I dispute the validity of this debt.

I refuse to pay.

Do not communicate with me by any means again.

Your friend,

Me

Keep a copy. Send CMRRR.

It seems unclear whether it is a business or consumer collection, but I would still follow the DV flowchart and give myself leverage should it turn out to be a consumer collection.

If this is a business collection, then consumer protections in FCRA or FDCPA aren't available to you, and you'll likely need to consult an attorney. I don't even think C&D protections would extend to you.

I know you said you didn't wanna hire a lawyer for this, but if the tone of the letter makes you mad then I'm not sure whether you're the best possible attorney to represent your interests.

You may wish to read up on the FDCPA and the FCRA and pursue this as a case of ID Theft/Fraud, which sounds likely from your post. The FCRA offers protections, but you need to provide specifics: A police report and an Affidavit of (denial of) Debt.

FCRA 1681a Section 603(q)(4) provides a definition of a proper report as, "...a copy of an official, valid report filed...with an appropriate Federal, State, or local law enforcement agency, including the United States Postal Inspection Service...the filing of which subjects the person...to criminal penalties relating to the filing of false information, if, in fact, the information is false."

FCRA 1681c-2 Section 605B relates that the statement should identify the information (Verizon) and state implicitly that it doesn't relate to any transaction by you.

You also need to send proof of your indentity.

These protections apply specifically to your Credit Report, not collection efforts or a lawsuit. But using this language may indicate to both the CA and Verizon that you are familar with your rights. Your goal is to cease collection efforts, have this marked as 'in dispute, ID theft, can't sue or (whatever)' and filed away in some dark corner never to appear again.

Most business debt requires a personal guarantor. As the PG, the debt would be legally your obligation and may appear on your personal CR. So it's all the more important to make this go away prior to it's debut there. Don't take for granted that just because it isn't valid, and you've said so, that it won't show.

CA's hear denials of debt all day. When you send the legally specified requirements for claiming this, you separate your denial from the rest. They place themselves in legal jeopardy to ignore it. But you gotta let them know.

First, I'd suggest you read. Most of the time it serves a consumer's best interests to be 'least sophisicated'. But in this instance, conveying your thorough understanding of your rights would come across better. Educate yourself and then, come in strong.

This concerns my busines but I hope someone can leadme in the right direction...........

Verizon claims I purchased advertising.......they send a bill.....

I tell them no....I did not purchase ads.....they send a bill....

Next..CA sends a bill.....I send letter for DV......they keep sending me a bill and keep calling...

I send another letter to both Verizon and the CA....neither can come up with a contract or tape recording, ect to prove the debt is mine....

Get another letter from CA....going to place this with the Credit Reporting Agency......

Now I`m getting pissed off......

What do I have to do to get these idiots to understand that all they have to do is show me a signed contract with my name on it to prove this is mine...they cannot...

Now what?????

Before you do anything else:

go here: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html

file a complaint under general complaints. NO Communications company, Telephone, cellphone, etc...NONE of them want to be reported to the FCC for any type of violation. The FCC is an iron fist when a cosumer has been slammed or signed up for something without a written contract.

If verizon does not have a paper written contract showing you signed up for this advertising, they will drop this crap like a hot potatoe and you will not hear from them again.

I believe you will save yourself a lot of headache, time and frustration if you start with filing a complaint at the link I provided you above. I know from working in the telecommunications and working under FCC guidelines for 15 years!.

Most of the above advice is incorrect. The FDCPA does not apply for debts that are not for personal use- business debts are not debts as far as the FDCPA is concerned. That means DV, C&D, and other tactics do not work.

Depending on how the business is set up, you can be held personally accountable for the debt. It CAN go on your report.

MrCJ the number of folks this has happened to is staggering. After almost 3 years of going round and round with Verizon and their stable of CAs I just gave up and told the last one on the phone (I had not found this site then and didn't know the rule about not dealing with CAs by phone) to FOAD. That was in Dec 2006 and I haven't heard from them again and noting has showed up on my personal CR so far. Sorry I have no help for you but as soon as I finish this reply I am going to search for blogs etc , there is bound to be something out there considering how many people are reporting identical experiences!

• 2 months later...

For the past several weeks...every Friday, about the same time of day....this collector for Verizon still calls...

Two weeks ago....I told the idiot that if he "could" produce the contract or documents with my signature on them that autherized the ad...I would pay Verizon.

This past Friday...the same idiot call again and says he as "proof"...wanted my fax number...I told him I dont have a fax machine....he then asked for a email address...I told him I did not have a computer......I told him to sent it to me via Certified Mail....he said "what for?".....I told him I will only deal with them in WRITTING...not faxes..not emails...but in WRITTING

Why would they not want to send their "proof" thu the mail????

Got the so called proof in the mail today.

Some sort of a copy of a Third party verification????? This thing is dated back in May of 2005 WTF???

and no, my signature is not on the document.

Complants have been filed with the FCC and the FTC

Thank You

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mayracantu

HI , everybody I just wanted help on this issue I have with AFNI I already send the a VERIFICATION Lletter I haven't received anything from them and i don't want to contact them via telephone . What should I do.:( :( :(

HI , everybody I just wanted help on this issue I have with AFNI I already send the a VERIFICATION Lletter I haven't received anything from them and i don't want to contact them via telephone . What should I do.:( :( :(

Start your own thread.....it'll get you more results.