New with a few ???'s... Hello all!

frankie123

Hello all! I have been lurking around this forum for a week now soaking up so much information and I am greatful it is here. Thank you all. I had a bankruptcy in 2003 and lost the car and the house also. Bad times. Up until them I had perfect credit. Never missed a payment on several cards, 2 vehicles and a mortgage. 8 years of great credit wiped out in a short time. Life goes on :)

I have pulled a detailed report from each agency and my scores are around 570's. I was amazed to see the dicrepencies between the 3 CRA's. 1 would have a negative and the other 2 would not. The addresses for the OC's were different on many of them. Can this help me in any way?

I plan on sending out letters soon, and thought about CMRRR, but would FEDEX with a tracking number work?

I have 3 collections on my CR also. Well, TU has 3 collections and the other 2 have only 2. Should I pay them off? Or just dispute them. I was thinking pay them off then try and get them removed, but want to get some advice first.

I know its a lot of questions, but I really appreciate the help.

Thanks!!!

DV the CA accounts that you have, and do it by CMRRR, you'll get tracking numbers and the post office now has a new deal where you don't have to wait for the greenie, they will email it to you in a PDF format, it's about a dollar less expensive but you can print it out as many times as you need to and you know within hours of the recipeint's signiture. It's called electronic certified mail notification. There is no need to Fedex the DV's unless you get one returned as refused to accept. Then you can use Fedex to fool them into signing. As soon as you DV, you should dispute with the CRA. I do my disputes online because it's easier and has worked for me. There is some contraversy on weither or not this is the best method. Each method has it's benefits so you'll just have to read and decide which is best for your situatiuon.

I was thinking pay them off then try and get them removed, but want to get some advice first.

Good call. Don't pay them off first then look for a removal. If you turn over the money then they have absolutely no incentive to remove anything for you. If you negotiate a pay for delete deal with them, then they have motivation to help you.

Thanks for the advice. I will CMRR any TL negatives I send to the CRA's, and negotiate a pay for delete with the collections agencies.

1 more thing. Do I send each letter separate, or have 3 envelopes for each CRA? And someone told me there is a certain day of the month which is best to send them off (I think its hogwash), but want to be 100% sure.

Thanks again!

It really doesn't matter which day, just do it! The most important thing is to make sure every thing you do is 100% proper and without mistakes. You can combine, just send 1 letter to each CRA with multiple disputes as long as you don't send so many that it looks like a frivolous attempt. I would not dispute more than 3 or 4 at a time and you should have no problems. The reason I use the word frivolous is because you have to remember that if this is something that you may ultimately have to file suit on, you don't want a judge to see where you sent a letter with 13 disputes on it, it just wouldn't look good to him. Just make sure that you place 1 copy in each of your TL files, in your filing cabnet. You wouldn't believe how quikly things can get messed up if you don't keep a really good filing system up.Planning and record keeping in this is everything. Plan your work and then work your plan.

Welcome Frankie123

Before you do ANYTHING, read this link:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263069

Also, don't pay anything before you go through the dispute and dv process. Then, and only then, negotiate for a pay for delete, and GET IT IN WRITING! If it's not in writing, it never happened.

Good Luck. You might be surprised what you can accomplish on your own with the knowledge you can gain from this forum.

DV the CA accounts that you have, and do it by CMRRR, you'll get tracking numbers and the post office now has a new deal where you don't have to wait for the greenie, they will email it to you in a PDF format, it's about a dollar less expensive but you can print it out as many times as you need to and you know within hours of the recipeint's signiture. It's called electronic certified mail notification. There is no need to Fedex the DV's unless you get one returned as refused to accept. Then you can use Fedex to fool them into signing. As soon as you DV, you should dispute with the CRA. I do my disputes online because it's easier and has worked for me. There is some contraversy on weither or not this is the best method. Each method has it's benefits so you'll just have to read and decide which is best for your situatiuon.

Here's another way you can send certified without return receipt and can still verify that it was received. Just send it certified. Once you have the tracking # go the the USPS website, enter the # in the track and confirm block on the home page and once the info comes up, click notification options, click "notify me of current and future activity" (not verbatim but you'll see what I mean) and you have an option of having them email you or letter mail you the receipt info. I would request letter mail because it comes on USPS letterhead. Also, if you need a signature, just take the tracking # to any PO and they can pull it up and print a copy of the postal form 3849 (orange card that recipient has to sign along with the greenie) and you have your signature. If you intend to send multiples, this will save you a few $$.

BTW, I'm a postal clerk so I know this will work. Hope this helps.

Thanks jh0254-

I've mentioned this option before myself. Some of the "elders" LOL, think it's better to have the actual green card if it comes down to going to court. They thought a USPS printout might not hold as much weight with a judge but I don't really know. Any thoughts on legalities?

Well, let's consider a few things. I'll state up front that I don't have experience in court on these issues, so it's very possible a judge would be perfectly happy with a USPS printout rather than a green card.

How much are we really talking about saving here, and is it worth it?

To send a letter CMRRR costs $4.64 today.

$0.39 postage

$1.85 RRR (green card)

$2.40 CM

By sending it CM only you're saving $1.85 per mailing. Assuming you do a 100 mailings, that's $185 you will save. Presume there is but one single violation of the FDCPA or FCRA over which you are suing. If you win, you win $1,000 for that violation.

It's possible you will do 100 mailings and end up with only 1 violation over which you can sue. OTOH, you might do 50 mailings and have 10 violations over which you can sue. With CM only you saved $92.50, but there's potentially $10K at stake. Are you willing to risk $10K by saving $92.50?

Even if it's 100 mailings and 1 violation, you are risking $1K by saving $185.

Odds are good that if your case is solid, then the CA or OC is going to settle. You probably won't recover full damages for all the violations, but the risk to the CA or OC of having to pay out that amount, if you win, is your leverage.

There are some CAs out there who don't settle when they are wrong and you have to go fight 'em in court. Do you wanna do anything to potentially weaken the case? Whether it ever truly does or not, it could.

The USPS green cards have been around for a while. I don't know when PS 3811 RRR cards came into existence. I know the current cards are dated 2004, and I've seen some old ones lately dated 1994 sitting in the bin at my local PO. Judges have seen them before, they know what they are, and familiarity breeds trust, not contempt, with judges.

My two cents, I'll let someone else blaze new trails with technology in the courthouse.