Stupid CA

serenity06

I sent a DV letter to LHR. On my credit reportand printed on their letterhead, it says I owe $468.35 but check this out the statement they sent me says the charge is $126.99. Now I still do not believe this is my bill but I wanted to show how stupid CA are. Anyway, can anyone tell me how they would held a situation like this?

What exactly did they send you- such as - is it a proper response that provides sufficent information to prove the debt is yours? Or did they just send something that says you owe $126.99?

I ask this- mainly because you said - you're not sure the debt is really yours. If that's the case - then send the CA another DV, dispute it with the CRAs, make the CA try to prove the debt is yours- if it's not- and they verify with the CRAs then threaten to sue the CA.

If you think the debt is yours- Dispute with the CRAs with "wrong amount" until they won't let you dispute anymore, when they ask for proof- give them a copy.

Any "validation" from a CA that is printed on their letterhead is not considered legal validation. This is the info from a post from Divemedic:

What they need to send you as validation is case dependent, but certain things are always required.

1 They must obtain the validation directly from the OC, not from their own files, or the files of a JDB.

2 It must be of a sufficient nature to establish that they have the correct debtor, and that they are collecting the correct amount.

3 If the amount being collected is different from the contracted amount, or different from what the OC claimed was owed, then they must show how the amount they are collecting was calculated.

Hope this helps.

Any "validation" from a CA that is printed on their letterhead is not considered legal validation. This is the info from a post from Divemedic:

What they need to send you as validation is case dependent, but certain things are always required.

1 They must obtain the validation directly from the OC, not from their own files, or the files of a JDB.

2 It must be of a sufficient nature to establish that they have the correct debtor, and that they are collecting the correct amount.

3 If the amount being collected is different from the contracted amount, or different from what the OC claimed was owed, then they must show how the amount they are collecting was calculated.

Hope this helps.

Good catch! I looked completely over that

What exactly did they send you- such as - is it a proper response that provides sufficent information to prove the debt is yours? Or did they just send something that says you owe $126.99?

They sent me a letter with the total amount on it saying that it was #483.55 and then attached a copy of the suppose to be bill to it. The bill stated that I owed $126.99. I really don't know if this is my bill really because of so much scandalous stuff going on these days.

Is LHR a JDB or CA? I was just wondering.

I ask this- mainly because you said - you're not sure the debt is really yours. If that's the case - then send the CA another DV, dispute it with the CRAs, make the CA try to prove the debt is yours- if it's not- and they verify with the CRAs then threaten to sue the CA.

I have disputed it with the CRA and they said it was verified.

LHR is definately a JDB- one that you should be leary of:

http://www.budhibbs.com/debtcollectorpages/lhr_inc.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search!&q5=LHR+

Check out Complaints.com and search for LHR- there are a couple of testimonials there.

What they sent you is NOT proper validation

So, they validated with the CRAs when you sent them a DV? If so, that's a violation. It should have been marked "disputed" with the CRAs while you were waiting on a response from them.

Use the DV flowchart:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/debt_validation_workflow.shtml

It seems these guys have a reputation of manufacturing bogus documents - just keep that in mind, It may take the ITS letter before they "go away".

Be firm with them!

One bit of advice I got from a post here a while back that could be especially useful in dealing with evil JDB's or CA's-never sign any document you send them-just type your name. These places have been known to produce "signed" documents that you've never seen.