AFNI Success/Not?

serenity06

I SENT A DEBT VALIDATION REQUEST TO THEM BUT IT CAME BACK WITH A VALIDATION LETTER. I AM WORKING ON THEM BECAUSE I FEEL THAT THE DVED IS NOT SUFFECIENT ENOUGH TO BE CALLED A LEGITMATE VALIDATION LETTER. U CAN ALSO CHECK IN YOUR STATE TO SEE IF THEY REQUIRE CA"S TO BE LICENSED BONDED OR BOTH. :goodluck:

I usually treat every CA the same lol. I always DV first; that's a given. For the most part it works. If they're stubborn I get the BBB involved. That's worked once. If they're REALLY tough I get the AG involved. Still waiting on the results from that one.

________

Homemade bongs

Edited by kevin3344

I DV'd AFNI and unlike many here, they did sent copies of bills from the OC (Cingluar). I had issues with what they had and stated that it appeared that they were not mine.

They asked me to fill out a fraud affidavit and I refused. I informed them that someone by my name actually lived at one of my prior addys! (I got this from EQ who deleted accounts with a momof5 @ addy with different SSN.) I told them that this looked like a case of mistaken identity NOT fraud so I would not fill it out.

After emailing back and forth for a while (to get my SIGNATURE on something), AFNI closed both accounts and deleted.

I was sneaky. I had NCO send me 6 or 7 different bills with varying amounts on each one. They did not report to the CRA. It was a Verizon account I totally just forgot about. Well, the bill was for $169. I didn't get a chance to DV NCO before it was sold to AFNI.

AFNI never sent me a dang thing. I sent them a DV letter. I also paid Verizon (and verizon only) and sent them a letter saying don't accept this as payment unless you agree to the following (essentially take off all negs...may not work but at least I could try.)

Sent a copy of my payment and letter to the CRA's as well saying hey look, I paid verizon, and the amounts are off on everything. Delete the TL. Now here's the kicker...I only sent them ONE of the NCO letters to the CRA so they'd see a diff. amt :D They sent me something saying NCO wasn't reporting but they'd investigate. Just got a letter from NCO saying we don't have anything about your account...good deal.

AFNI was removed from all but EQ and it's still in dispute (I'm sure it will come off.) Disputed Verizon as well because they are paid but still showing as a collection/CO. Those accounts are in dispute still as well.

I recently received a letter from Afni. I sent them a DV. It first they sent me a letter saying my dispute wasn't specific enough and requested more information. Before I had a chance to send them an ITS for failing to initiate an investigation from a clear dispute (and the reasons were very clear) I received another letter saying they were mistaken and would cease collection activity.