Chargeoff/repo

Nahum11

Hi I am new to this forum, and i just started my journey through credit repair. I've been looking and i can't find the answer to this question. I had a voluntary repo 5-6 years ago and the crdit union has it on my CR as a chargeoff. I want to dispute it because the amount they are saying i owe is ridiculous and they sold the car supposedly. My question is was i suppose to get any notification from them stating they sold the car and how much they sold it for and the remaing balance? I'm asking this because I'm not sure about how to go about disputing this Chargeoff. Thanks for the help in advance.

To start with a voluntary repo is still a repo. Creditors don't care if you turned it in or not. Write them and ask for an accounting of how they computed the balance.

agreed....

However, when I applied for an Auto loan with my CU. Which is a very small and personable CU. The loan officer, said and I quote- "It does make a difference to me that you were honest with Ford Motor Co when you voluntarily surrendered your vehicle".

So, yes a repo is a repo- voluntary or not. But, in my case- with the chance to bank with a small institution- it made a difference to the loan officer and I was grateful.