I'm about to give up...my TU score dropped 70 points...

Went from almost 570 to 499 as of two days ago. FICO score. ALL they are currently reporting are three negatives. Two CO's and one that has a lot of lates. I have no idea what happened to the rest. I have not bumped it all that much. Half the days I forget to. I usually check it when I get a fico alert. I had 24 accounts on there. Now, I only have those three. I sent TU a letter a while back disputing some of the accounts on there, but none of the positives. Could it be that my file has split? I don't think I have enough inquiries for them to do that.

On top of that, I'm about to just pay the CO's. I can't get the OC to work with me anymore.

Bummed in Texas :(

Went from almost 570 to 499 as of two days ago. FICO score.

As in from MyFico?

ALL they are currently reporting are three negatives. Two CO's and one that has a lot of lates. I have no idea what happened to the rest.

Definitely sounds like a split. Best to give 'em a call, tell 'em what you're seeing, tell 'em you believe the file may now be split, and ask to speak with whatever department handles split files.

Do not despair. This too shall pass. Some have reported their inquiries disappearing after a split file gets healed.

CO's are killing my score.

Crown Jewelers ($1500) and Aafes ($600) and Crap one ($300) and Chevron ($300) are going to start reporting, just don't know when.

What do I do about the CO's? I want them gone. I tried settling with the OC. They refuse. I DV'd the CA's they are also gone but I'm still in the SOL. I just want them OFF.

Hell I even sent PFD letters to the CA's to no avail. Just really getting bummed about the CO's. That's the one thing that is giving me hell that is refusing to go anywhere, and the charges just keep accumulating. It's going to kill me getting student loans in the near future. Sad thing is, I didn't even do it :(

TU just told me they have no idea why 20 accounts in good standing all of a sudden dropped off my report. There are a grand total of 10 INQ's on there. These were all open accounts. Student loans in good standing, closed accounts in good standing etc. The guy on the phone told me the ONLY way to get them all back would be to call each and every creditor on there :(

My TU score is going to seriously suffer if that's all that is going to report on there.

I think it would be helpful for them to have a recent report to work from... IF everything on there is what you want on there... ;)

Dire, I heard about all the TU chaos, and I've been lucky to escape it!! Sorry it hit you. :(

Quick Question, What is a split?

When your credit file gets split into two files. One files contains some of your TLs, the other files contains your other TLs, and invariably it seems that the one with all the negative TLs is the one the CRAs give out to creditors.

I suspect it's defensive programming done "back in the day". The Big Three, and quite a few banks and insurance companies, are still running COBOL on a mainframe. A limitation of COBOL is that tables of data have to be some maximum size. Just pick a number. [i.e. OCCURS 40 for those in the know]. The techno-weenies usually pick some number, hopefully based upon a SWAG and not just a number plucked from the air.

"Bob, What's the maximum number of inquiries a person might ever have on their CR?

"Well Jim, they stay on for 2 years. 40 seems like a good number. Let's go with 40. There's no way anyone would ever have more than 40 inquiries in a 2 year period."

Later, when a consumer hits 41 inquiries on their CR, there's a problem. To solve it, the techno-weenies quickly cobble together something whereby if you hit 41 inquiries, "some of your data" gets moved to a second file and the two files get linked together.

Disclaimer: Although I am a mainframe COBOL programmer, I have no idea based upon my professional experience to state with authority whether the number of inquiries has anything to do with splits. However, anecdotally, folks in this forum have repoorted what does appear to be a cause and effect--get enough inquiries and it creates a split. The numbers 40 and 41 were plucked from the air, and no basis in reality should be complied or construed.

Thanks but that didnt help a whole lot. None of the showed my score, but I did get a couple of other things removed...Yes. But TU wouldn't let me in wouldn't connect.

Well, you didn't ask about a score.

You can pay for FAKOs from any of the Big Three. Credit monitoring services, like TrueCredit, include FAKOs.

If you want true FICO scores, you have to go to MyFico.com--those cost even more. Don't order anything from MyFico without searching the forum for a 20% discount code. There is almost always at least one floating around.

Yeah something is going on with TU. I can't check or use TC anymore it just tells me that the Credit Bureau is down and to try again or later. I have called them several times but they just give me a free one month trial and tell me to try it again and of course it doesn't work....Don't know what is going on but I can't check any of my CR's......:(