A Good Time to Request Increases?

Some of my cc's do not automatically do line increases. You have to ask for them. I have enough credit cards, so now I plan to work on getting the limits increased.

So, what would be a good time to ask for the increase? When they are about a year old, or older?

My WaMu has given 2 automatic increases in just over a year on their own. I just don't want to push them too soon...some of it is new credit while others are well established cards.

Well, I went to Home Depot online this morning to ask for an increase. Have had a $2000 limit since I got the card, some 4-5 years ago! They had already raised me to $3,000. Are they reading these boards??? :lol:

HMMM...wonder which one I should approach next?

Got an increase from Chase today. I needed one to help with utilization. Used one of their 0% transfers, not thinking about how it would affect utilization...and took myself right under 50%. I had a $2,500 limit, and I asked for $4,000...probably could have asked for more, but I wasn't wanting to appear greedy. Now my utilization on that card is less than 25% because my $200 payment just posted last week.

Will pull TC tomorrow and see if there was a hard pull. I hope not but it appears they pull EX and that's my highest score, and my lowest Inquiries.

Happy Dance...Hap Hap Happy Dance!

Not sure why, but Chase hit me with a hard pull...and I actually had 2 cards with them...the Amazon Chase (the one I requested the increase on) and the Chase Freedom which is a newer card.

I think I will call them this morning as ask them why a hard pull was necessary.

GRRRRR!

Not sure why, but Chase hit me with a hard pull...and I actually had 2 cards with them...the Amazon Chase (the one I requested the increase on) and the Chase Freedom which is a newer card.

I think I will call them this morning as ask them why a hard pull was necessary.

GRRRRR!

Chase ALWAYS does a hard pull if you ask for a CLI. Most of us learned that the hard way.

Chase ALWAYS does a hard pull if you ask for a CLI. Most of us learned that the hard way.

Well, remember I'm a newbie, and I am reading as much as I can every day but there is a LOT of stuff here!

I didn't get any alerts from this which is a bit annoying. I did call them this morning and a nice guy named Eugene told me that they always did a hard pull.

I'll let it get a bit of age on it and then dispute it. LOL!

Don't dispute it. Seriously. If you have an open tradeline from that company, chances are you'll get a fraud alert slapped on you and the tradeline might disappear.

Ok, ok...I promise I won't! Hey, I haven't had a hard pull in almost a year. Shouldn't hurt me too bad, right?? Right???