Conflicting posts about charge-off reporting status

I have seen threads which have conflicting stories about OCs and how they report charge-offs. In one it says they can report it every month as it is simply the status. In another long thread, it says that they can't as it is poisoning your credit report. This is my situation:

Capital One: (Previos Reports)

DOLA:01/01

Date Closed: 06/01

Account History: 06/01 L

Today, I get report and it says:

Capital One:

DOLA:01/01

Date Closed: 06/01

Account History: 06/01 L, 02/07 L

So I call EQ and I dispute it by saying that it was never reported that way and now that I disputed they also add 02/07 L. She says they can continue to report it that way.

So which way is correct?

"...they can report it every month as it is simply the status..."

They can, because it is.

"...it is poisoning your credit report..."

It is, but that's not illegal. It's just the normal process of updating the TL. We think Crap 1 does it just to vex us consumers and depress scores. It SHOULD be illegal, but it's SOP. That may have been the context of the 'conflicting' posts...

BTW, Crap 1 also updates PAID CO's each month. So, paying them on a defaulted account does nothing to help your score. And no, it's not an emergency, just a major irritation!