requested dv via letter - then they called me

I used the sample DV letter (within 30 days of their notice informing me they were collecting for a creditor) on this website which includes the para about "cease and desist unless it is about providing the DV. They phoned me to tell me since I sent a "cease and desist" letter they can no longer work with me --- which is in violation of the code per the letter/this site --- They were clearly upset. Prior to sending the letter - I was a wet noodle and had conversations with them, pretty much telling them I did not know what to do about it - they had no idea this was coming.

Should I move to the next step - assume they are going to try and go to judgment and send the letter citing the case where that is an inapproproiate/illegal response or wait for a letter from them???? Thank you for your help.

I believe they can contact you one more time. If they continue to contact you, however, that is a violation of the C&D charge.

Should I move to the next step - assume they are going to try and go to judgment

No. Some CAs sell the account to someone else or give up. They don't automatically sue you when you send a C&D. If you receive a summons, of course, answer it, but don't assume they will sue.

Wait for the results of your DV before making your next move.

________

Angelina4u live

Edited by kevin3344