new here and clueless

last year my dad got sick with cancer i had to quit my job to care for him he died in my home and i suffered a depression and just recently got back to work --i had to cc's with discover who in turn sent them to zwicker and associates i enetered into a debt settlement program and settled one other acct.because the debts were detting old they suggested they put me in the debt consoldation program this jan i kept calling to see if they had accepted our offer of payment only to find out that zwicker sold my acct to mann bracken 8 days ago i spoke to them today they said they will accept payment but at this point they only give 6 months to repay all the debt or litigation well, i explained it would not be worth thier while for my husband is self employed (no wage garnishment) we are under the poverty level and dont really have any assets no budging is this a regular collection agency just trying to get a feel for me do u think they will except the payments and most likely not sue help

do not offer then payments on anything and stay off the phone.. next time they call tell them to mail you the info.... then when they do you send them a VD letter to start..

do alot of reading but do NOT turn over money to a junk debt buyer... Mann Bracken cranks out this junk every single day.... don't be afraid of them.. and give up your rights by writing checks and dont agree to anything!!!!

I have lots of ?'s. I rec'd a letter from a law firm stating they represent Midland Funding LLc as successor in interest to FCB for $917.37.

I called them and they told me it was for a credit card back in 2001. I don't recall having that card. They said it was charged off in 2002. I did file a bankrupcy around that time and if I did have this card I am sure it was included in the bankrupcy, but I can't find my documents.

I asked this company to provide me with a letter stating what the money they say i owe for is, how they calculated it, identify the orignal creditor and copies of papers showing i agreed to pay what they said i owe.

I rec'd a response back from them stating the amt of the debt, name of creditor, name of orignal creditor, orignal acc number, date the account was open and the date of the charge off. They also send a copy of an unreadable terms and conditions page from FCB but nothing with my signature. help what can i do? I don't really think i owe this.:cry:

the debt is 6000.00 the debt is about 1 year old i am not 100 percent sure i am judgement proof was just trying to get them to work with me - i am not sure what wv. state law is concerning this ---should i not send them anything extra than what the counseling service is sending them??