Advisement that you are counceled by Attrny.

Mathiastheok

I am so pleased to have access to such wonderful and helpful folks on this site..

I have 52 derog's and will be working on just one as a test to learn before I begin to attack all of them.

I was wondering if it would be a help or a hindrance to to include on my DV letters to both the CRA and the CA that I have retained an attorney to advise me on procedure to show good faith in the law? (The truth is I DO have my attorney on retainer not specifically for this issue, but he would help me nevertheless with anything I needed)

So does putting the CRA and CA on notice that you have legal counsel backing you help your situation, or do you want the CRA an CA to make mistakes and not take you as seriously?

Well I think to make things work in your favor, that it would be best to look like just an average person making a complaint. If they make mistakes, then you can use that in your favor, either to be able to sue for $$ or to negotiate deletes. If you let them know up front that you have legal council, then chances are they will find ways to legally keep the derogatories on your record... see what I am saying?

I think it also depends on if they are paid, SOL for your state, if they are your accounts or you think they are fraud. I like your idea for testing one first, but with 52 derog's, least you should do is break those up into manageable groups. Just for your own organization, cause you will HAVE to keep records of your efforts. Document, document, document, and then document some more.

so in summary, play dumb at first, hope they make mistakes that you can call them on later.

And welcome aboard!

P.S. There is a list of what is the most damaging, for instance a forclosure is more damaging than a 30 day late on a credit card. Perhaps you should go for the most damaging first.

The list is #3 here---> http://www.creditinfocenter.com/repair/Repair.shtml

AWESOME RedBank thank you. I see your point and agree that playing the innocent person wont put the CRA's and CA's on notice to get their ducks in a row.

I will break each group up and go after them in each category.

I have a file cabinet to use just for this and will make a file folder for each of the 52 derog's to make sure I don't miss anything.

Thanks again for the warm welcome !!

There are so many people out there now just like you and I that threaten all day long, the CAs are used to it and are'nt scared by it at all. The only thing that Usually backs them off is having cold hard evidence that they have multiple violations, you know your rights and are willing to file legal action against them and even then sometimes it doesn't work until they are served with papers. I would forget about the attorney thing at this early stage in the game and concentrate on trying to catch and document them on violations which is much easier than you think. Just read the primers until your sick of it and then wait a few minutes and then read some more.