It's been 30 days and the collection agency didn't respond...Now what?

SnoppD

Is there a sample letter of the second letter to send them? I sent the first one and they stopped calling me and now I need to send them the second letter so I can wait 15 days.

Where could I see a sample of a letter I can use?

I need help asap since I'll be mailing it registered mail tomorrow morning.

They received my letter on 3/05/07. I have the receipt for proof and the original letter.

I need to send them a letter requesting that they remove the debt now but I'd prefer something that sounds more professional than what I can come up with. ^_^

Did you 1-2 punch them? As soon as I get the chance.

That is your next step. If you have sent a timely DV, the CA is not required to respond, they are merely required to cease collection until they send DV. This is where the 1-2 punch comes in. It forces the CA to either allow the delete, or to break the law by verifying.

The 2nd punch being...dispute it again with the CRA, right?

That is your next step. If you have sent a timely DV, the CA is not required to respond, they are merely required to cease collection until they send DV. This is where the 1-2 punch comes in. It forces the CA to either allow the delete, or to break the law by verifying.