Disputing UNPAID COLLECTIONS

pinkeysas

I am trying to dispute some UNPAID collection accounts with the CRA's ONLINE. When I choose my reason for dispute then try to submit it this paragraph pops up:

Confirm the information below. If you know whom the account belongs to, enter the name in the box. If you have already entered information in the box, be sure to enter the name below the text you already entered. If you believe that information appears on your report as a result of fraud or if you think another person's information may have merged with your information, then it is important that you call us for assistance with your disputes.

Im supposed to enter MY NAME? But I'm disputing because I don't "think" the accout belongs to me.

Sorry for all the questions but thanks for the help.

It wont let me submit the dispute unless I do that. So I have decided to dispute by Cert Mial. Does this sound ok?...................

my name

Address

CA name

address

To whom it may concern:

I am contacting you in regards to a few items listed on my (insert CA name) credit report.

ACCOUNT ACCOUNT # AMOUNT

midland credit mngmt xxxxxxxxxxxx $134

AFNI xxxxxxxxxxxx $485

Equinox Financial xxxxxxxxxxxx $293

I have no recollection of these accounts and do not believe them to be min. The information has obvious discrepancies. Please verify all information on trade lines.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Can I dispute UNPAID CA accounts on my CR's??

I have the letters all ready to go to send CMRRR to the CRA's but I was over some things on this site before I did it and I'm wondering if by people saying that by Disputing items my FALL OFF your reports. Do you mean only PAID colletions ro chargeoffs?

Should I still be Disputing if what I am disputing are UNPAID collections, all of which are 3-4 years old. But i need them OFF my reports to get a mortgage this year?

I have the letters all ready to go to send CMRRR to the CRA's but I was over some things on this site before I did it and I'm wondering if by people saying that by Disputing items my FALL OFF your reports. Do you mean only PAID colletions ro chargeoffs?

Sometimes the accounts cannot, or the CA will not, be verified and when you dispute them they come back deleted, paid or not. I wouldn't do the "not mine", I would use the "no knowledge of account". It appears with the rampant identity theft stuff going on, they are quick to judge. Good luck.

HiBlues....I dont want to be offensive but would you please stop with all the primer links and referals in all the threads, we are aware of them and you are just creating unnecessary bumps on the thread.

I am trying to dispute some UNPAID collection accounts with the CRA's ONLINE. When I choose my reason for dispute then try to submit it this paragraph pops up:

Confirm the information below. If you know whom the account belongs to, enter the name in the box. If you have already entered information in the box, be sure to enter the name below the text you already entered. If you believe that information appears on your report as a result of fraud or if you think another person's information may have merged with your information, then it is important that you call us for assistance with your disputes.

Im supposed to enter MY NAME? But I'm disputing because I don't "think" the accout belongs to me.

Sorry for all the questions but thanks for the help.

The same thing happened to me. I put the collection agency name in the box.

You might also try disputing by telephone. I ran into problems with Equifax arguing about my identity when I tried to dispute by mail. I've had great results via telephone, and much faster than usps.

If you post which CRA you're asking about, someone may have a # for you. Equifax is 866-238-8067. I have #'s for the other two, but not sure if they'll work?

TU 800-916-8800

EX 888-397-3742

Hope this helps.

Can I dispute UNPAID CA accounts on my CR's??

Should I still be Disputing if what I am disputing are UNPAID collections, all of which are 3-4 years old. But i need them OFF my reports to get a mortgage this year?

Dispute every negative account on your CR. Even the unpaid ones may be deleted due to lack of verification.

Please help,

I have 3 collection items on my credit report that I have paid off, and the amounts are $53, $90, $96. Would it be possible for me to get these items removed by arguing that the amounts are ridiculously low to be on a credit report? I contacted each creditor and they all refused to remove the item for me.

Sincerely,

Samson....

You can argue that the accounts are low but you will get no where with that argument. Counter argument: If it is so low then you should have made a timely payment. :evil:

You can try writing a goodwill letter and or sending them a letter telling them you are going to sue because you were told the accounts would be deleted.