would re-activating old macys cc help score?

I've been reading on here about how opening new cc's can help raise your score -by charging on them & paying on time, correct?

My question is, I have a Macy's card that I haven't used in over a year, if I started using it and making payments would that help my credit score? If so, does it matter how much you charge on it? and how long should you take to pay it off? and how long should I do this in order to see any results? meaning, say I charge $40, pay it off over 3 months, should I keep repeating that for a year? would going a long period of time w/ no activity be bad?

And I have 2 cc's thats are on payment plans -would using the Macy's card effect that?

Thanks!

And I have 2 cc's thats are on payment plans -would using the Macy's card effect that?

If, by "payment plans" you mean you were behind on these and worked out a way to pay them off...then...no, using the Macy's card won't help you. In fact, Macy's may invoke the "universal default" clause...which means that your charge privelages may have been canceled anyway.