DV Response Please Advise

I recently pulled my CR and saw some collection items on it. After finding this board I sent them a letter asking to validate this debt. THis was their response.....

(paraphrased)

We've received you request... FDCPA # 809 states that if a customer disputes the validity of a debt in the first thirty days of notice then they mus provide the information with in that time period. But since my account has been there longer then thirty days they do not have to and want me to call.

What they did provide me with was a static screen print off of a data base listing my new address with the old information..

What should I do next??

If you want to be hard-nosed about it, send them back a letter quoting the FDCPA which says "...within 30 days of first communication..." and as far as you are concerned, the first communication was when you saw them listed on your credit reports. And, that regardless, a print out of their records is not sufficient...they must get validation from the OC. So, either prove to you that this is your debt, or get off your credit reports...otherwise, you'll be forced to pursue your legal options.

Does it really work to debt validate after the 30 days is over. I have sent 13 debt validation letters certified mail with return receipt and after 25 days have not received any return correspondence.

Basically, you don't want any return correspondence. You want the CA to give up and send the debt back to the OC...

If ive read the information correctly, the point is not tohave them respond with info,necessarily. The point is to get the CRAs who re-review the debt after the collection agencies have received your DV. Maybe someone else can back that info up, though.