FDCPA Violation?

Is the following language a violation?

Debt of $29.44. (Yes, just 29.44!)

"I can give you one last chance to settle this debt. If you send payment of just 14.72 made out to 'CA' you can pay this amount each month until the debt is repaid. And we will prevent any legal action."

"If you don't, I have no option but to consider the possibility of litigation. Any court judgement could then make it difficult for you to obtain future credit; you might also have to pay additional legal costs. This could go on your credit report, which could affect your ability to obtain credit, buy a home or an automobile."

"Please help me to help you. Complete the section below and return it wih your installment payment in the reply paid envelope enclosed. And we will prevent the possibility of any legal action."

And of course: "Our organization is attempting to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose."

Is this the first communication from them?

Is the debt within SOL? If they can't sue on it, that would be a violation.

As for the "this could go on your credit report" -- that's not a violation unless it's out of the SOL for reporting.

Is the following language a violation?

Debt of $29.44. (Yes, just 29.44!)

"I can give you one last chance to settle this debt. If you send payment of just 14.72 made out to 'CA' you can pay this amount each month until the debt is repaid. And we will prevent any legal action."

"If you don't, I have no option but to consider the possibility of litigation. Any court judgement could then make it difficult for you to obtain future credit; you might also have to pay additional legal costs. This could go on your credit report, which could affect your ability to obtain credit, buy a home or an automobile."

"Please help me to help you. Complete the section below and return it wih your installment payment in the reply paid envelope enclosed. And we will prevent the possibility of any legal action."

And of course: "Our organization is attempting to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose."

Very curious....who is this letter from? It's ridiculous. 'help me to help you huh? Help me to screw you is more like it!:lame: