Unlicensed CA

jvbcon

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum. I hired a CA to collect an account. I live in IL and the debtor lives in IL. I paid $4800 upfront collection cost, I just found out the CA is unlicensed in IL. and the CA has totally screwed up the collection by missing deadlines and not providing a attorney to file suit as promised. I feel a fraud has been committed. Any Suggestions?

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum. I hired a CA to collect an account. I live in IL and the debtor lives in IL. I paid $4800 upfront collection cost, I just found out the CA is unlicensed in IL. and the CA has totally screwed up the collection by missing deadlines and not providing a attorney to file suit as promised. I feel a fraud has been committed. Any Suggestions?

Usually it doesn't matter if the CA is unlicensed unless it is regulated by state law, but who needs to be licensed in IL is the attorney. I wouldn't have paid anything to the CA to collect a debt. Most good CAs take it on contingency anyway. I think you got scammed. I'd find an attorney to sue the CA for fraud and misrepresetation and breach of contract.

Good luck.